Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

How do I sort out an NIE without paying someone else to do i

How do I sort out an NIE without paying someone else to do i

Postby Suzid1 » Sun May 15, 2016 7:27 am

Hello. I am sure the answer is on the forum but if I search for NIE, I get so many results.
Can anyone tell me how I can sort an NIE out for my stepson without having to pay someone to do it for us? He is going to work here for a few months so needs one.

When my husband and I arrived 2 months ago, we paid someone to take us to Elche. We were in there for 20 minutes. The police officer was very offhand to both us and our representative and after lots of huffing we were duly given a print out. This unpleasant experience cost more than I thought it was worth.

The definitive guide on how you get an NIE would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Suzid1

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Re: How do I sort out an NIE without paying someone else to

Postby Jan » Sun May 15, 2016 8:56 am

Suzid1 wrote:Hello. I am sure the answer is on the forum but if I search for NIE, I get so many results.
Can anyone tell me how I can sort an NIE out for my stepson without having to pay someone to do it for us? He is going to work here for a few months so needs one.

When my husband and I arrived 2 months ago, we paid someone to take us to Elche. We were in there for 20 minutes. The police officer was very offhand to both us and our representative and after lots of huffing we were duly given a print out. This unpleasant experience cost more than I thought it was worth.

The definitive guide on how you get an NIE would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi
I'm sure you will get some advice on this topic from the members but we do have this topic that may help:

taxes-in-spain-suma-nie-and-general-tax-advice-f111/nie-t2350.html

Jan
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Andrew Hardy » Sun May 15, 2016 10:20 am

Andrew Hardy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby scubydoo » Sun May 15, 2016 3:47 pm

You will have to make an appointment or you could turn up and not get seen personaly if you dont speak Spanish I would pay the 50 euros they will make the appointment and sort it for you it can be done in Torrevieja.
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby mondo » Sun May 15, 2016 4:34 pm

I dare say it is not too difficult if everything goes smoothly, but..

When we got our NIE we came out of the office and looked at the form... they had put the wrong address on it.. we went back in and they said they could not alter the forms there... so we had to go to the Treasury office on the other side of town to change the address...

Even with a translator things can go wrong, but I would have been totally out of my depth if I had tried to do it on my own...

you make your own choices...but I would spend some euros and get an expert..
mondo

Postby scubydoo » Sun May 15, 2016 5:59 pm

mondo wrote:I dare say it is not too difficult if everything goes smoothly, but..

When we got our NIE we came out of the office and looked at the form... they had put the wrong address on it.. we went back in and they said they could not alter the forms there... so we had to go to the Treasury office on the other side of town to change the address...

Even with a translator things can go wrong, but I would have been totally out of my depth if I had tried to do it on my own...

you make your own choices...but I would spend some euros and get an expert..

Almost the same happend to me but my name was spelt wrong so just left it with the person doing the job no more re visits and got it back a few days later after it was corrected ;)
scubydoo

Postby Jillandsteve » Sun May 15, 2016 8:08 pm

Ours were arranged by our solicitor when buying our house se. She arranged it all and dealt with the officials, all we had to do was nod and smile and sign
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Rodt » Sun May 15, 2016 8:16 pm

Go & see Andrea at p&m properties in quesada,she will sort it for you,she is brilliant.
Rodt

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo luceroResale