Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Anyone with Deutsche Bank

Anyone with Deutsche Bank

Postby freddo » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:44 pm

freddo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Partida Daimes Elche

Re: Anyone with Deutsche Bank

Postby Jo.B » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:49 pm

Too big to fail ...
Federal Reserve Chair Ben Bernanke also defined the term in 2010: "A too-big-to-fail firm is one whose size, complexity, interconnectedness, and critical functions are such that, should the firm go unexpectedly into liquidation, the rest of the financial system and the economy would face severe adverse consequences." He continued that: "Governments provide support to too-big-to-fail firms in a crisis not out of favoritism or particular concern for the management, owners, or creditors of the firm, but because they recognize that the consequences for the broader economy of allowing a disorderly failure greatly outweigh the costs of avoiding the failure in some way.
Jo.B

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Curious » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:26 am

Yes, we moved to Deutsche Bank nearly two years ago and have found them very helpful. They are open all day as opposed to other banks and their charges are reasonable. I hope looking at this article they are not going to go into liquidation and wonder if our money is safe. We started off with Halifax which was great, they were taken over by Lloyds which again was ok but then Sabadell took over we thought the charges were a bit high. What a nightmare to close the account. We found the branch at Guadamar we had been using had closed (old Halifax/Lloyds) but were directed to another branch in the centre of Guadamar. No we couldn't close the account there because we had not used that branch before and told we needed to go to Torrevieja. Went to Torrevieja centre and told we couldn't close it there and sent to the branch opposite Carrefour. No we couldn't close it there we needed to go to the branch on the outskirts of Torrevieja by the park. (We thought we were going to have to go to head office in Madrid to do the deed!!). Finally we were able to close the account. If Deutsche bank closes we will need to find a bank which doesn't give us the run around.
Curious

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby freddo » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:05 am

No financial institution is too big to fail
freddo

Postby Jan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:19 am

They all have financial guarantees though. As long as you don't go over the maximum allowed in any institution or conglomerate which by European law now is 75000 in UK pounds, you will be refunded.

Don't panic!
:text-lol:
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby freddo » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:55 am

Best get your money turned into Gold
freddo

Postby Jo.B » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:49 pm

freddo wrote:No financial institution is too big to fail

If you believe that, you shouldn't worry, because if Deutsche goes under, the whole European Banking system will follow ...
I can tell you that governments learned a lot after the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy (i.e better intervene in time than let them fail). Look at what Belgium did (or had to do) for A LOT smaller banks than DB to keep their country alive.
Jo.B

Postby kristikoff » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:24 pm

I wonder if DBE Will stil be alive. I prefer to leave this bank...in case of... :D :D
kristikoff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar Del Segura

Postby SALUKI » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:07 am

Jo.B wrote:
freddo wrote:No financial institution is too big to fail

If you believe that, you shouldn't worry, because if Deutsche goes under, the whole European Banking system will follow ...
I can tell you that governments learned a lot after the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy (i.e better intervene in time than let them fail). Look at what Belgium did (or had to do) for A LOT smaller banks than DB to keep their country alive.
Belgium?? I do not know where your information is coming from, but your remark is completely WRONG. There wasn't any Belgian bank on the edge of collapse at any time! Belgian government intervened with extra capital injections to strenghten the level of equity of certain banks or nationalized one which had a load of rubbish products in its portfolio. The injected capital has been paid back and the nationalized one has been split in a 'good'' bank and a 'bad' bank. Although in my opninion ALL banks are bad. Between the end of 2007 and 2011 quite a lot of banks through Europe have been reinforced with capital from national banks, and some are still supported. Have a look at the latest european bank stretch test and you will clearly see where the doubtful ones are.
SALUKI

Which part of Spain are you from?: BENIMAR II

Postby Jo.B » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:46 pm

...certain banks or nationalized one which had a load of rubbish products in its portfolio. The injected capital has been paid back and the nationalized one has been split in a 'good'' bank and a 'bad' bank...

Well if banks were being nationalised and split in a good and a bad bank, there were clearly no risks of collapsing :roll: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/2ce2481a-fefd-11e0-9b2f-00144feabdc0.html. Strange guys these Belgians ...
Jo.B

Next