Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Beware this is coming to the Valencian Region

Post here if you have a house. villa or apartment available for rent in Quesada, such as long-term, short-term or holiday rental.

Re: Beware this is coming to the Valencian Region

Postby Jan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:28 pm

Paulspot wrote:Hi im reading this and still very unsure as when i was over i showed the licence application paperwork to a agent i trust who made inquiries through the town council who knew nothing about it, then i showed it to an accountant who will do my no resident tax returns who told me because our apartment was a residential one in a non tourist area that the document relates tourist areas like Alicante, Benidorm ?

I was told not too apply for the licence but would of course then declare any profit from renting along with my non resident tax return as i want things to be above board and pay my taxes.

I dont know anyone in the area that has a licence to rent and we do advertise on Holiday lettings and i am still worried about the possibility of fines so any verification on the situation and advice would be great but we dont expect to make very much from our rentals as our prices are cheap to compete with the others around also at very good rates.

All we want to do is cover our yearly costs with a bit left over for maintenance whilst providing good quality accommodation for quests to enjoy a reasonable cost holiday in the sun.

If I was you I would email Holiday Lettings and ask them because they should know.

Let us know what they say please as anyone who is advertising short term rentals should know about this law and in theory should not allow properties without a registration number to advertise with them any short term or holiday rentals, if this legislation affects their area.

The word is, last time I read about it, that it will be brought into all areas of Spain eventually, if not already.

We have stopped allowing holiday /short term properties to be advertised on this site (without a registration number) because of this law, but out of interest so far personally I have not seen any with registration numbers being advertised anywhere else, but I may be missing them as from this legislation information they should be there.

Be good to know what your Agent says.

Jan
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Paulspot » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:50 pm

Thanks for the reply, i have thought the same no one seems to be registered
Paulspot

Postby Drama Queen » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:55 pm

We have Swedish neighbours who 'lend' their property to a wide variety of 'friends' all summer - many of whom are noisy and thoughtless. He says they are all there for free (yeah right!) and we would love to report him and either make sure he pays tax, or get him to stop doing this. How would he prove that he does not receive rent?

Also, when we bought our house we were told it was a residential area and not for holiday lets - though I doubt we could now find that information. Are there areas where it is illegal to let a property out altogether? Thank you for your very informative article, and I wish you would send it to the local papers to publish.
Drama Queen

Which part of Spain are you from?: Near the golf course

Postby Jan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:02 pm

Paulspot wrote:Thanks for the reply, i have thought the same no one seems to be registered

Yes but obviously that doesn't mean it isn't law in Spain. It often seems to take longer for the message to get round about the laws in Spain but could be the 'lost in translation' problem.

I would still ask your Agent 'Holiday Lettings' to let you know, then you could be sure that you are advertising within the law.

Jan
Jan
Site Admin

Postby Jan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:20 pm

Drama Queen wrote:We have Swedish neighbours who 'lend' their property to a wide variety of 'friends' all summer - many of whom are noisy and thoughtless. He says they are all there for free (yeah right!) and we would love to report him and either make sure he pays tax, or get him to stop doing this. How would he prove that he does not receive rent?

Also, when we bought our house we were told it was a residential area and not for holiday lets - though I doubt we could now find that information. Are there areas where it is illegal to let a property out altogether? Thank you for your very informative article, and I wish you would send it to the local papers to publish.

These new laws have already been published in the papers. See this link:

quesada-general-discussion-f9/new-rental-laws-in-spain-t7740.html

Jan
Jan
Site Admin

Postby Paulspot » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:39 pm

Thank you i will have a look, and i am sorry you are having issues with neighbours rental, we have already checked and we are allowed to rent in our block as do some others but would sincerely hope that they do not upset owners around them and as i said i will be declaring any rental income and paying my taxes so please dont think we are all the same as the neigbours you are having issues with.
Paulspot

Postby Paulspot » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:15 pm

I have asked through Holiday Lettings and as expected they just say check with the local town hall etc so i am none the wiser who would have thought it would be so difficult to know exactly where we stood, but it does seem if we go down the rental licence road we would be a lot worse off and have to then charge more to quests as i said we not expecting to make very much anyway and way it is at the moment we would pay any tax on earnings once a year which then does balance the books with having all the bills and expenses in for a full year.
Paulspot

Postby Alice » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:22 am

Has anyone managed to get registered yet? Our solicitors haven't a clue!
Alice

Which part of Spain are you from?: Playa Flamenca

Postby Epr » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:41 am

Hi there, My husband and I are thinking of renting our apartment out for the summer months, it is situated in the quesada area, we live above. We have been out the country for several months, so are trying to understand this new rental law. Firstly, is it a law in the Valencia region now? If so, can someone tell us exactly where and what we need to do. (Has anyone got an idea of how much it costs? )Tried Rojales town hall didn't know what we were going on about, and then they sent us to the suma office where they didn't have a clue either. Any help would be much appreciated, just keen if we go ahead with the idea we are covered.
Epr

Postby Jan » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:18 am

Alice wrote:Has anyone managed to get registered yet? Our solicitors haven't a clue!

Hi
To answer the main question on this topic about the rental laws. There is a meeting on the 29th April at 10am in Lizarran, near Consum in Doña Pepa. See the details on this link (FINES UP TO 90.000,00€ FOR RENTING PROPERTIES ILLEGALLY):

http://www.donapepaonline.com/en/new/?id=489

Please could anyone who attends this meeting get back to us and clarify the situation for us.

:text-thankyouyellow:
Jan
Site Admin

PreviousNext