Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Car Hire

Car Hire

Postby Niktam » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:13 pm

We always used to buy separate insurance from a third party party however we always had a problem that when we arrived at the actual car there was unreported damage so we would waste another 30 mins reporting( no wheel trims, no tools,nicked ariel, dent here etc) You may have comprehensive insurance but you still have a requirement to report all damage and if you don't want to be charged for the damage(and then have to go through the process of claiming) when you return the car it has to be noted at the hire commencement.

Therefore,we always pay for the CDW at the desk as you cannot moan at getting a car for a total of 20 euros a day(out of season) on a full/full basis. We all know that hiring a car is an unwelcome cost to our visits to Spain and before I retire I will buy a car to use in Spain.
I other point always check the oil in your hire car as soon as possible as I picked a car up that was very low on oil and the hire mechanic was speechless and he said that if there was a problem I would have been charged for any engine damage.
Niktam

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Re: Car Hire

Postby Graham Stovold » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:49 pm

Niktam wrote:We always used to buy separate insurance from a third party party however we always had a problem that when we arrived at the actual car there was unreported damage so we would waste another 30 mins reporting( no wheel trims, no tools,nicked ariel, dent here etc) You may have comprehensive insurance but you still have a requirement to report all damage and if you don't want to be charged for the damage(and then have to go through the process of claiming) when you return the car it has to be noted at the hire commencement.

Therefore,we always pay for the CDW at the desk as you cannot moan at getting a car for a total of 20 euros a day(out of season) on a full/full basis. We all know that hiring a car is an unwelcome cost to our visits to Spain and before I retire I will buy a car to use in Spain.
I other point always check the oil in your hire car as soon as possible as I picked a car up that was very low on oil and the hire mechanic was speechless and he said that if there was a problem I would have been charged for any engine damage.

You make a valid point, I am well used to the procedure as We are frequent travellers to Spain. I think the biggest problem is that some people do not read the small print when booking & are then shocked at the additional costs at the airport.

I tend to take the chance as I will insist that the charge for CDW is a rip off. I always make a point of checking the car & recording it on my phone, I also raise anything with the hirer. It's a The firm I use are generally pretty good & touch wood, I don't get any problems.
Graham Stovold

Which part of Spain are you from?: Los Palacios

Postby panchotaff » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:49 am

Can I ask which firm you use. Thanks
panchotaff

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby Jon Stead » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:42 pm

Centauro have always been first class with me and I have a separate, annual insurance to cover the excess etc.
Jon Stead

Which part of Spain are you from?: Recorral Park

Postby Graham Stovold » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:50 pm

panchotaff wrote:Can I ask which firm you use. Thanks

I normally use Record go, they are no different than the others with their additional charges but their T& C's are straightforward, so I know where I stand with them.
Graham Stovold

Which part of Spain are you from?: Los Palacios