Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

UK TV - Market research.

Re: UK TV - Market research.

Postby Tootandploot » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:16 pm

TV Techie,

We would definetly pay 25 euros for the service you suggest, especially no tie in and manage on line. I would like to see TV. Be remain (my little bit of respite!).

We currently use free view and its rubbish, advertised as more than 150 channels but it's more than 150 of the same channel. What a swizz that was.
Tootandploot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Julieann » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:55 pm

Hi all, have you not considered an Amazon firestick £35 the Kodi app can be easily added maximum cost £15 then just stream whatever, whenever. Updates automatically and no monthly or other costs. I've been using one for months and it has revolutionised how I watch TV.

Julie
Julieann

Which part of Spain are you from?: jardin Laguna2

Postby Lizzie » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:43 pm

[What internet speed, ping, download, upload would be required for this system? :text-thankyouyellow:

quote="Paul - TV Techie"]Looks like I have had our dreams presently quashed of a cheap premium package at 20 euros per month. Been advised not viable to deliver this type of content for less than 25 euros per month - which is at lest 5 euros in the right direction - they met us half way.

On the plus side, we have been told we can add some more channels to the proposed list above, so those being suggested can be added and all other channel comments we can also review - I have a deadline of next week to have the final channel list.

Service will Include 2 week catch up service as well as video on demand - free films etc. Pay as you go, 1 month at a time, no contract. Online 24/7 renewal. Will also allow a free 2nd subscription on different hardware - such as tablet, PC etc. Also apps for Android. All included.

Paul
http://www.televisiontechnology.eu[/quote]
Lizzie

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu

Postby Bungahi » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:30 am

A friend of ours has bought a Unlocked Amazon Fire Stick To take over works fantastic they have cancelled there provider.you must have the internet for it to work, but you get all the chanels sport everything also any film you can think of you can get up on there.you can buy them over in Uk unlocked or £34.99. She bought it at home and took it to try over in Spain not realy expecting it it work very well but she says its Fantastic, and like I say she has cancelled her provider which was costing quite a lot but now she has everything on this stick Check it out.
Bungahi
Bungahi

Which part of Spain are you from?: Marquesa

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:24 pm

t internet speed, ping, download, upload would be required for this system?
2Mbps stable SD, 4-5Mbps for HD

A friend of ours has bought a Unlocked Amazon Fire Stick To take over works fantastic they have cancelled there provider.you must have the internet for it to work, but you get all the chanels sport everything also any film you can think of you can get up on there.you can buy them over in Uk unlocked or £34.99.

They were probably using an rebroadcast service which is expensive for what it offers & sometimes these have the odd issue.

I've spent over 3 years on support IPTV / Kodi / XBMC & I can categorically state in 10 years of doing IT service / support for a number of services, that the Kodi/ XBMC software has caused more support time than anything else. Even still coming in today after boxes we sold over 2 years ago....can you help me please sports devil is not working today....... Don't believe the hype. Using this type of device in Spain as your only TV is likely to get you a bruised head at some point, from banging it against the wall. :D

You can't compare a Kindle stick to a hosted type of service - nor Kodi. Whilst ok for low definition UK terrestrials & films. Sports streams / channels are unreliable -software is difficult to use, Kodi is not like a normal set top box & for those not technically minded - will struggle. Most do not realise that in order to get content, requires multiple applications - which can 'come & go'. They are voluntarily supported and when those supporting them get bored (or warned of impeding fines) - they stop working & you have to search for other apps to find content.

Key differences between the free Kodi services, is they are based on 'what is freely available' which comes and goes. Applications with content may be o.k, then they stop being supported and pulled. You do not have a defined channel list - there is no flicking between channels (like Sky or subscription based hardware) for all premium content you have to go channel hunting with various applications. Sports are unstable as when too many people jump on free servers - no matter how fast your internet is, picture will stutter....Hosted services are different. All channels are available, on a channel list, readily available - with 2 week catch up.

Whilst you can watch TV on both there is a vast gulf in use / quality between a hosted service and subscription free hardware patched for additional content. Potentially you can spend half your time searching for content through various applications - rather than just putting the channel on.

Good for the money - the Amazons stick (careful with wifi sticks as slow speeds here will make it buffer more if signal weak) - bit like comparing a Rolls Royce to a Skoda which needs constant maintenance! We sell all types of TV hardware, including subscription free boxes. We have found that initially most take the cheapest path & soon realise it is not good enough for a stand alone system & end up with one subscription service or another - certainly if you wants sports and premium content channels, reliably. Kodi - Last time I tried to watch a boxing match - lost the channel stream 15 mins in, then spent another 15 minutes trying to find another working channel, only to find fight over. Not acceptable. Fine for basic TV or extra content such as films or series - but as a standalone system would either have satellite or if wanting additional content - subscription based - so much simpler than Kodi to use, reliable, 7 day epg - catch up and content that you won't find easily stable on Kodi.

For those who define themselves as not technically minded, Kodi will give you a headache - guaranteed at some point. It is not maintenance free.

To summarise. One system has an integrated single software solution, maintenance free, where you have all you channels, your weekly program guide and your catchup all put together - designed very much for the 'average user' same as Sky- Freesat. Kodi is a main media software hub, with a myriad of different non integrating applications all written / supported by different people, with no guarantee of continuity or what is on them as no one is being paid to host content - so no responsibility to provide ongoing service. What do you expect for free?

I think many people are unaware of the differences of IPTV / hardware and services - subscription free IPTV is not like subscription free satellite, different beast entirely - which is why you need to understand the differences in equipment and how services are delivered - there is a lot of overhyped websites selling equipment / free service which do not come close to delivering what is quoted.
Paul - TV Techie

Which part of Spain are you from?: almoradi, alicante

Postby Julieann » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:13 pm

:text-goodpost:
Bungahi wrote:A friend of ours has bought a Unlocked Amazon Fire Stick To take over works fantastic they have cancelled there provider.you must have the internet for it to work, but you get all the chanels sport everything also any film you can think of you can get up on there.you can buy them over in Uk unlocked or £34.99. She bought it at home and took it to try over in Spain not realy expecting it it work very well but she says its Fantastic, and like I say she has cancelled her provider which was costing quite a lot but now she has everything on this stick Check it out.
Bungahi
Julieann

Which part of Spain are you from?: jardin Laguna2

Postby ukdobby » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:31 pm

Well worth the 25 euro compared to what I pay at the moment.
ukdobby

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:08 pm

We have finalised the package & have included a few more channels to include most of those mentioned on local forums - we will launch next week & post up further info.
Paul - TV Techie

Postby ukdobby » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:49 pm

Any further news?
ukdobby

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:31 am

Yes, it's up and running. 2nd service down 'UK Popular' on the link below.

Pay as you go, from 1 month at a time minimum, no auto renew or contract. All popular UK terrestrials and premium content, catch up TV (14 days), with 7 day program guide, recording option (from catch up) and free Video on demand. Very simple to use.

https://tvtech.sharepoint.com/Pages/IPTV.aspx
Paul - TV Techie

Previous