Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Hi, we are coming to Lo Crispin for 6 months from 1 November

Hi, we are coming to Lo Crispin for 6 months from 1 November

Postby EllenandPete » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:39 pm

Hello everyone, we are a retired couple planning a six month rental in Lo Crispin from 1 November this year. Through my husband's work (pulp and paper mills) we have been expats in several countries including 16 years on and off in Portugal, so sort of know what to expect, but we have never stayed long term in Spain and would appreciate any tips. We are both bowlers and will be looking to join a local club, any recommendations? We prefer a friendly crowd to competitive status! We are so looking forward to joining you!
EllenandPete

Which part of Spain are you from?: U K

Re: Hi, we are coming to Lo Crispin for 6 months from 1 Nove

Postby walnut » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:53 am

Hi,good luck.There is a bowling green at quesada country club,presumably they have a club.
walnut

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby siestasunbeds » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:21 am

A warm welcome awaits you at lo Crispin we have our beautiful holiday home here and come out at every school holiday. Cannot wait for the teenagers to leave school so we can be here more often. Maggie
siestasunbeds

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo crispin

Postby MaggieG » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:30 am

Hi, There is a bowling Club in Quesada. It is not The Country Club, but next door The Club which is separate from The Country Club. My husband and I are members of this Bowling Club. It is competitive. It has bowling leagues. It is a friendly club. Some very competitive bowlers and some people who just bowl in friendly bowling. It is entirely up to the individual how you wish to bowl. You can pay by the day to bowl on your own or Wed and Sat friendly games. Or you can join the Quesada Bowls Club by the year or 6 months subsciption. If you want to play in the leagues you have to join. There are two leagues to play in, one for the better more experienced bowlers and one for the not so good and less experienced bowlers. If you decide to join, your bowling will be assessed. Good luck and we will meet you if you decide to come along. Lots of friendly people from all parts of the UK and mostly retired.
MaggieG

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby EllenandPete » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:54 pm

Thanks MaggieG, that's very helpful. We are both experienced bowlers (I've just got back from playing a Somerset County indoor game). I love the competition but my husband not so keen, likes just to play for pleasure, so I'm not sure this will be right for us as I think I will have to bow to his wishes out there! However I think when we get there in November we will have to visit all four local clubs to decide which one will be the best for us both. At that point we will take out a six month subscription. Thanks anyway, I am so looking forward to getting out there now.
EllenandPete

Which part of Spain are you from?: U K

Return to Introduce yourselves