Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Los Montesinos

Re: Los Montesinos

Postby Jan » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:30 am

digdagdog wrote::text-thankyouyellow: All for your replies
At first I will not be driving so need to get to shops to do big food shop on foot/taxi. Etc Due to the downward turn of the euro we need to expand our area to get more space for a decent price as all that seems to be left in Quesada is apartments and we have a dog to bring so need outside space.what about activities to do like bowling dancing etc?

Thanks again all

Hi
Obviously I don't know your budget but the resale houses for sale in the Lo Marabu area of Quesada are going for around 125,000€ for 3 bed Quad with good size garden and around 80,000€ for 2 bed bungalows with small gardens. When these properties were bought new they were about 25% more expensive for the basic properties and now most are selling furnished with lots of extras like air con, security fixtures plus extra grilles, built up walls and high gates and more, which was done after buying and will be included in the sale price. The price also is highly likely to be a starting point and could most likely be negotiated with a lower offer, no matter what estate agents say!

In Quesada many shops bars restaurants and supermarkets are walkable from most areas. The Lo Marabu area is near the Consum commercial area with supermarket and Lidls,bars,restaurants plus pharmacy, butchers, Hardware/DIY store,vets, pet shop, hairdressers, solicitors, insurance,Chinese Bazaars and more.

Quesada town is within 15 minute walk as are 2 other commercial areas with bars shops and restaurants and a medical centre with doctors.

Jan
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Ron Hill » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:44 am

You could do worse than look at the urbanisations of Entre Naranjos/Laguna Green where I live I think you could get more for your Euro here. It's just up the road from Los montesinos and on site we have 4 bars all serve food and there are Indian and Italian and Chinese restaurants as well as a Chemist and a supermarket all on site. Visabella Golf on site offers in addition to golf a bowling green and paddle tennis. There are moves afoot to improve the local bus service as well. There is a weekly bus service to the popular La Zenia Boulevard shopping centre where you can get just about anything
Ron Hill

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby freddo » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:46 am

Entre Naranjos/Laguna Green Is a long way from Just up the road Ron it's farther than going to Torrevieja but I do agree with you other comments
freddo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Partida Daimes Elche

Postby Shiva » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:28 pm

Entre Naranjos/Laguna Green Is a long way from Just up the road Ron it's farther than going to Torrevieja but I do agree with your other comment
:text-goodpost: Yes that area has a lot going for it very particularly if you like golf as Vistabella Golf is great and in my opinion offers the best golf value around as well as being the friendliest. BUT you really really need a car or you are pretty cut off. There are parts of Quesada itself that you would really struggle to stay in without a car. We stayed in a lot of places for winters without a car and you have to choose carefully, especially if you like being able to go out for a meal or a drink and don't want a 45 minute hike home afterwards. While there are some taxis around quesada ( see lists elsewhere on this site) there are nowhere near enough for the population ( the taxi situation seems a wee bit of a 'closed shop' with a limited number of licences available). Lo Marabu as Jan suggests, is worth looking at , also there are small bungalows down by quesada golf... I have only driven through the main street of Los Montesinos en route to the ( great) garden centres so don't know how close in reality the urbanisation parts are to the village but the vilage itself looks really nice ( plan to stop off next time...)
Shiva

Postby ginny » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:40 am

Montesinos is a lovely place to live. The only reason I left was the lack of buses. One per week to Torrevieja and it won't stop at Habenaras
ginny

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardarmar del Segur

Postby dr.doolittle » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:40 pm

Apart from everything else I mentioned earlier there is an English hairdresser, and an English shop, far more properties for sale on Entre Narancos than Montesinos.
dr.doolittle

Postby tonyhobbs » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:33 pm

We are happy in Dona Pepa, Gama supermarket and health centre only 5 or 10 minutes walk or 10- 15 minutes walk to lidl. Consum, vets, todo shops bars and banks and within walking distance of Quesada as long as you are reasonably fit. Much easier to walk in Dona Pepa better pavements and not so hilly, I hate walking in Quesada town as I struggle a bit with walking.
tonyhobbs

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby dr.doolittle » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:01 am

Think this thread has drifted some what as the poster did ask about Los Montesinos, just my opinion but Montesinos has everything and more than places other posters have mentioned.
dr.doolittle

Postby Newtown » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:56 pm

Los Montesinos has everything you need in a village. Bowling is at El Rancho about 1km out the village
Newtown

Which part of Spain are you from?: Los Montesinos

Postby ecobiker » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:03 am

And if you like football it's the place to be. Thriving local team CD Montesinos has thriving expat supporters club. Attendances often exceed 200! For the over fifties there is Walking Football where fitness becomes fun.

You don't have too live in Monty to enjoy all welcome.

Yes I am biased I love Montesinos
ecobiker

Which part of Spain are you from?: Los Montesinos

PreviousNext