Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Registering a Vehicle in Spain

Registering a Vehicle in Spain

Postby The Winksies » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:17 pm

It has been suggested that instead of buying a second hand car when we arrive in Quesada, at inflated prices. Buy a left hand drive vehicle in Ireland and drive to Spain, and re-register the vehicle when we arrive.

Anyone any idea as to what's involved, cost Etc.

Regards

The Winksies
The Winksies

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Registering a Vehicle in Spain

Postby Tootandploot » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:13 pm

We have just been through this exercise and have deliberated for many months as to what to do. We had a UK Car to dispose of which only added to the dilemma. We have spent as many months researching the costs at home and abroad. However after much research and weighing up the costs of the re-registration fuel and tolls etc to drive/transport to Spain, we decided to buy in Spain. There appeared to be nothing in it Financially and far less stress red tape and paperwork to deal with. We bought from Marcos Coches who have some nice reasonably priced cars in stock and to date after an initial hiccup we are impressed. The costs included the transfer and 12 months warranty on engine and gearbox. We understand that the re-registration costs vary depending on the vehicle but it would appear a bigger cost is changing the headlights to comply with ITV requirements.

In a nutshell, what appeared to be a relatively cheap car in the UK after totting up the additional expense turned out to be virtually the same amount in Spain.

We took the view that it was far less hassle to buy in Spain all things considered
Tootandploot

Postby The Winksies » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:26 pm

Hi, Hope you are well.

Thank you for the detailed response. A lot to ponder. The only other benefit I can come up with in driving over is that we can bring things like TV's and other electrical items with us instead of buying in Spain.

Thanks Again.

The Winksies
The Winksies

Postby Tootandploot » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:35 pm

Yes, we have been through all of that over the last three years. In fact we have what we hope will be our last trip planned soon but whilst we enjoy the drive perhaps once a year i wouldn't want to do it too regular. I am so impatient I just want to get there and in the meantime we have the car available for those other times when we fly.
Tootandploot