Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

First Water Bill which includes Trash and other charges

First Water Bill which includes Trash and other charges

Postby findlaym » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:26 pm

I have just received my first bill for water charges and see that there are other charges for Trash, Sewage, Sanitation etc. It appears quite high due to all the service charges for the quarter. Can anyone advise if this is normal?
Agua (Water) 39.45 euros
Conservacion contador (counter conservation) 2.54 euros
Alcantarillado (sewerage)12.89 euros
Basura (trash) 32.78 euros
Canon Saneamiento (canon sanitation) 21.11 euros

my quarterly bill came to 133.05 euros. Not sure what the canon sanitation is or counter conservation

Any help with understanding the bill and clarification about normal charges. Thanks

Marion
findlaym

Re: First Water Bill which includes Trash and other charges

Postby Espanabums » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:31 pm

findlaym wrote:I have just received my first bill for water charges and see that there are other charges for Trash, Sewage, Sanitation etc. It appears quite high due to all the service charges for the quarter. Can anyone advise if this is normal?
Agua (Water) 39.45 euros
Conservacion contador (counter conservation) 2.54 euros
Alcantarillado (sewerage)12.89 euros
Basura (trash) 32.78 euros
Canon Saneamiento (canon sanitation) 21.11 euros

my quarterly bill came to 133.05 euros. Not sure what the canon sanitation is or counter conservation

Any help with understanding the bill and clarification about normal charges. Thanks

Marion

It looks very similar to ours so, yes, it seems to be normal.
The water charge is 0.5522 for the first 15 litres, 1.2688 for the next 24 litres and 1.5508 for the rest plus a standing charge of 13.28 all plus VAT @ 10%
Meter rental (conservación contador) is 1.13 + 21% VAT
Basura (rubbish) 28.19 + 21% VAT
Sewerage @ 0.11 per litre + 7.95 standing charge + VAT @ 10%
Canon saneamiento ( sanitation levy) 0.441 per litre + 11.21 standing charge + VAT at zero %

I forgot to add that we have a pool that needs topping up regularly
Steve & Jill, Torrevieja
Espanabums

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja Centro

Postby marcliff » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:42 pm

Whilst everything on there is correct, it does seem a bit high. Ours is generally around the 60 euro a quarter mark.
Our basura charge (yes, it's the way the town hall collects for that) is only €13.50.
Did you have a swimming pool filled up? They base the other charges on the amount of water used.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Jillandsteve » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:04 pm

Ours was only €55, maybe they like us ?
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Espanabums » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:16 pm

Our charge was based on 30 cubic metres for the quarter and every time we top up the pool it is just short of 1 cubic metre which is 1 tile over the whole area of the pool, 8 x 4. I do not think it is excessive.
Steve & Jill, Torrevieja
Espanabums

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja Centro

Postby findlaym » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:40 pm

I dont have a pool. I have a 3 bedroom townhouse. I did not occupy the house until the 19th March, 2016 when the water was turned on. The water standing charge was 39.27 and my consumption was 9.82 euros. I have been having to do quite a lot of house cleaning and thus using more water. The bill though is only up to the 14th April so I have only been using the water for about 4 weeks. I also have an electricity bill which charges from the 15th December, 2015 until March 2016 despite me not having ownership of the property until the 28th December, 2015. This bill was for 43 euros and my consumption was around 12 euros even though I wasn't in the property. In considering feedback from others I feel it is quite excessive.
findlaym

Postby freddo » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:34 am

Go into the water company office and ask they will explain it all
freddo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Partida Daimes Elche

Postby Janjan » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:42 am

If the properties were renowned they need to find out if all bills were paid up to the date they took ownership.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby findlaym » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:25 pm

My lawyer attended to the outstanding bills and the vendor paid them before i purchased the property. I do wonder if there has been a re-connection fee added as the water had been cut of due to non payment of several bills by the vendor. I would have thought though that this would have been shown separately as a connection fee.
findlaym

Postby findlaym » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:20 pm

I took ownership of the property on the 28th December 2015, therefore I am liable for the IBI. My lawyer assured me that all outstanding monies were paid for utilities by the vendor at the date of signing the property over to me. This is probably why the vendors lawyer wanted me to forego paying the second deposit and go straight to paying the full price before the end of the year. Hadn't thought of that previously and wasn't aware that this would be the case or maybe would have saved myself a bit of money and paid only the second deposit until after January.
findlaym