Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Alicante airport

Re: Alicante airport

Postby Jordy » Sun May 08, 2016 11:09 am

Airport drop-off update:

As reported in an earlier post, there are no special exemptions for the less mobile among us.
I approached up the ramp to departures & chose to enter through the right hand barrier (taking note of the time) which put us closer to the terminal doors. There was only one (that I could see) handicapped parking bay which fortunately, was unoccupied & it was right by a ramp for easier wheelchair use & which continued all the way across the road to the entrance. My friend ran across & returned with a luggage trolley then left me to load it whilst she then ran back across to the airline desk to let them know we had arrived & required the pre-booked assistance. She then scooted back to me to help with the luggage & elderly passenger & we were met at the entrance doors by the airport helpers who took over. We both galloped back to the car & exited through the barrier with about a minute to spare. Phew!

Jordy
Jordy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Jan » Sun May 08, 2016 11:56 am

Jordy wrote:Airport drop-off update:

As reported in an earlier post, there are no special exemptions for the less mobile among us.
I approached up the ramp to departures & chose to enter through the right hand barrier (taking note of the time) which put us closer to the terminal doors. There was only one (that I could see) handicapped parking bay which fortunately, was unoccupied & it was right by a ramp for easier wheelchair use & which continued all the way across the road to the entrance. My friend ran across & returned with a luggage trolley then left me to load it whilst she then ran back across to the airline desk to let them know we had arrived & required the pre-booked assistance. She then scooted back to me to help with the luggage & elderly passenger & we were met at the entrance doors by the airport helpers who took over. We both galloped back to the car & exited through the barrier with about a minute to spare. Phew!

Jordy

:text-goodpost:

:text-thankyouyellow: for letting us know. It could help others.

Pleased it went well for you and you did it in time...but it was a close call - Shame there is not a better set up for anyone bringing disabled friends or family to the airport.

Jan
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby camionpilot » Sun May 08, 2016 1:35 pm

Use Murcia airport if possible ..much more civilised ..!
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Pete31 » Mon May 09, 2016 4:15 pm

Yes you are better that someone with you can sort her out and if the time if you are about breach the time oeriod, simply go out and come back in again easy peasy. :text-lol:
Pete31

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entra Naranjos

Postby marcliff » Mon May 09, 2016 4:25 pm

Pete31 wrote:Yes you are better that someone with you can sort her out and if the time if you are about breach the time oeriod, simply go out and come back in again easy peasy. :text-lol:

Except that they have number plate recognition and you can't return within an hour.
The main carpark, with lots of disabled parking near the bridge, is about €1.50 an hour (2 cents a minute for the first 30 and 3 cents a minute from 30 to 60 ish).
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Pete31 » Mon May 09, 2016 5:37 pm

Wrong marcliff.,.,., i done it last week it worked. Pete
Pete31

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entra Naranjos

Postby Jan » Mon May 09, 2016 6:21 pm

Pete31 wrote:Wrong marcliff.,.,., i done it last week it worked. Pete

Wait for a few weeks for the fine and then say it worked if you don't get one!

:text-lol:
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby RogerB » Tue May 10, 2016 9:50 am

I hope it went well, Jordy ... I was going to suggest getting another helper :)

I would recommend that people join Help Vega Baja for just such situations, as I'm sure they would try to find a solution, such as asking for one of their volunteers to ride with you and assist. (They were v helpful to me when my wife died)
RogerB

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby Jordy » Tue May 10, 2016 1:48 pm

RogerB wrote:I hope it went well, Jordy ... I was going to suggest getting another helper :)

I would recommend that people join Help Vega Baja for just such situations, as I'm sure they would try to find a solution, such as asking for one of their volunteers to ride with you and assist. (They were v helpful to me when my wife died)

:text-goodpost::text-thankyouyellow:

Jordy
Jordy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby freddo » Wed May 11, 2016 9:29 am

Can anyone tell me if a Renault Traffic can park in the car park at Alicante airport please
freddo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Partida Daimes Elche

PreviousNext