Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Buying a home in Ciudad Quesada

Buying a home in Ciudad Quesada

Postby Ken Pullan » Sun May 15, 2016 5:48 am

Hello,

We are considering buying 3/4 bed pool villa in the area and would welcome any advice on merits of doing so.

Bad experience 7years ago with previous 'off-plan' purchase attempt in Fortuna where our deposit of £35,000 was illegally passed on by our lawyer to the builder (who then went bust)

Not the only one - many others lost their hard earned money.

But due to move back to Euro area from Middle East so thinking of Spain and this area is being considered
Ken Pullan

Re: Buying a home in Ciudad Quesada

Postby scubydoo » Sun May 15, 2016 8:05 am

Hi as far as I am aware the law has been changed and as long as you have a solisitor you will be ok some people have even managed to get back money from years ago. I have put links to several previous posts that may be helpfull plenty of reading for you as many comments have been made previously within the links there are others so have a good look through an many of your questions may be answered, we live in Benimar just over the hill and I would recomend any of the areas it is just personal choice they all have there merits in some areas you even have a sea view! having personaly looked from Calpe to the Mar Menor I do not think you will find a better area with all year round living. ;)

Good luck with your search if your search.

quesada-general-discussion-f9/moving-experiences-t11117-10.html

quesada-general-discussion-f9/permanent-residence-cost-of-living-t11189.html

quesada-general-discussion-f9/hi-we-are-coming-over-this-weekend-to-view-some-property-s-t10658.html

quesada-general-discussion-f9/moving-to-quesada-any-ideas-on-whereabouts-to-live-t4282-20.html

quesada-general-discussion-f9/latest-a-place-in-the-sun-winter-sun-angie-and-sandy-t10443-10.html
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Ken Pullan » Sun May 15, 2016 8:20 am

Thank you. I will take a look
Ken Pullan

Postby MaggieG » Sun May 15, 2016 8:25 am

Quesada is a great place to live. There are many lovely villas for sale here and in surrounding areas. Never buy off plan!! So many people have come unstuck yourself included, and the photos they send you rarely look like the place you come to see when its finished. And the actual area and street where the property is situated is not always ideal, which is why I strongly recommend you come to look. It is so easy to come to Spain either rent while you look or stay at a hotel either near or a short drive away. The new properties that are being built lately and sold off plan are like boxes, no character at all. Quesada is packed with estate agents, or even a day driving round there are lots of private sales. Good luck
MaggieG

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Busters Mum » Mon May 16, 2016 9:30 am

There are masses of resale properties on the market for very good prices to the moment. You really need to drive around and look at the areas to decide what and whereabouts in Quesada you'd like, the choice is ver varied. I concur with MaggieG re the new builds. They look like toilet blocks. The older properties have far more character. If you have the inclination you should be able to buy a lovely resale and reform it to your own spec. Good luck.
Busters Mum

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby newchocs » Tue May 17, 2016 5:40 am

You should consider both new and resale properties, but just be careful who you deal with. Not all new build houses are like "toilet blocks" and most are head and shoulders above the older properties in terms of quality.
Modern or classic style, there's quite a lot of choice, but a lot of rubbish out there too, so take your time and consider all of you options. I personally really like the modern style and I'm not alone, considering that almost all the builders seem to be selling their houses like hot cakes. Great news for our area and lots of new people moving in all the time.
Quesada and the surrounding areas have lots to offer and you would be hard pushed to find somewhere more suitable if you're looking for a full time home in the sun. Good luck
newchocs

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Mickey Braw » Tue May 17, 2016 6:22 am

My best advice is to buy in an established area where the building is complete and you can see what is happening in the area local to the property.
NEVER fall for the "They can't build there, it's protected land" assertion when you ask about uninterrupted views.
Here they can prop a house on fresh air.
So, nice established area, modern or traditional, if you can, avoid being part of a "community". Do this and you'll lead a relatively peaceful life without hammer drills and all else that goes with living on a building site and the need to attend meetings and have President/a's etc etc.
Enjoy Quesada it can be what you want it to be.
Mickey Braw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby mondo » Tue May 17, 2016 8:11 am

Mickey Braw wrote:My best advice is to buy in an established area where the building is complete and you can see what is happening in the area local to the property.
NEVER fall for the "They can't build there, it's protected land" assertion when you ask about uninterrupted views.
Here they can prop a house on fresh air.
So, nice established area, modern or traditional, if you can, avoid being part of a "community". Do this and you'll lead a relatively peaceful life without hammer drills and all else that goes with living on a building site and the need to attend meetings and have President/a's etc etc.
Enjoy Quesada it can be what you want it to be.

:text-goodpost:

If there is spare land next to the house you fancy be aware, be very aware...

They could put up houses, bars, brothels or abattoirs next door... :D

I have seen loads of new houses being sold with lovely views.... then they build another lot right in front of those... advertising then as having lovely views, then they build another lot in front of those... etc...

just be careful and take good independent advice..
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Ken Pullan » Tue May 17, 2016 8:34 am

Thanks to all who have replied - food for thought
Ken Pullan

Postby boyjohn » Tue May 17, 2016 9:48 am

Good Morning Ken, sorry to hear you lost money in your previous attempt at buying in Spain, I too would recommend you go down the resale route, but check out the property thoroughly, using a good local Abogado. If you find a location you like, you can upscale the villa to your specification, also, by buying an older style Quesada villa, you re likely to find the plot sizes much bigger, than the new builds offered today. Finally, whilst losing money is never to be taken lightly, just consider this, if you had bought a villa, say seven or eight years ago, you would have paid X price, today you will probably pay 50% of that price, for the self same property. I personally believe this is a fantastic time to be a buyer, although not so good to be a seller. Don't miss the opportunity. Good luck.
boyjohn

Next