Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

land near gama in town???

land near gama in town???

Postby Terry the gardener » Thu May 19, 2016 10:41 am

Hi , anyone know what is going on with the bit of land near gama supermarket in town that was used as car park in the past. They have fenced it all off except the bit with the tables ect.
Terry the gardener

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: land near gama in town???

Postby hobnob » Thu May 19, 2016 11:10 am

Hi...Don´t quote me on this but I have heard that the owner of the land offered it to Rojales council (at a price) to use as official car parking to relieve the situation in Quesada re Parking. The council refused the offer as the price was too high and thus the owner has fenced the land off. Viz the traffic issues in Quesada I have also heard that the council intent to reverse the traffic flow past The Gama Supermarket from down to up. Along with several other ill thought out plans the whole thing is a complete mess...why allow the Boulevard to be built before making some traffic flow calculations.
hobnob

Which part of Spain are you from?: benijofar

Postby camionpilot » Thu May 19, 2016 2:55 pm

Typical spanish ..no foresight and they dont do joined up thinking = chaos.!!
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby colingriffiths » Thu May 19, 2016 3:08 pm

I believe there is a car park under the new boulevard accessed from the street at the side .
colingriffiths

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby DTR » Fri May 20, 2016 10:27 am

There is underground parking for the Boulevard. It's opposite the estanco.
DTR

Postby hobnob » Fri May 20, 2016 11:17 am

Hi All... Yes I know there is underground parking...however the point of my message was about how the Boulevard has led to a build up of traffic in and around central Quesada. The main street coming down where the cars park on an angle to the road is becoming dangerous...or more dangerous than it was due to the upturn in traffic. Large cars parked on the angle force road traffic to stop or swerve to get past. My initial post was in answer to Terry the Gardeners enquiry re: the land near Gama. However the simple fact is that the council did not make enough effort to ascertain the traffic flow once the Boulevard was up and running...Now the land near Gama seems to be off the agenda also because an arrangement could not be reached by the Owner and the Council the people of Quesada are Gridlocked. Just look at the road that at present comes down the hill by Gama...this morning it was packed with cars both side of the road...people live in those houses I wonder how they feel.
hobnob

Which part of Spain are you from?: benijofar

Postby Terry the gardener » Fri May 20, 2016 12:06 pm

Yes there is a car park under New shopping centre. Never been in it not sure if you have to get ticket. Not seen may people going down into it.it's just a shame that the other bit of land near gama can't still be used for parking, I agree not good for people living there. There defiantly needs to be some more parking away from main road and houses leading to town . Loads of land as you enter quesada,but I guess who ever owns it want to hang on to it in the hope they can build .can't see them letting people park for free.
Terry the gardener

Postby camionpilot » Fri May 20, 2016 7:07 pm

Three police cars in the main st late morning , 4 officers busy booking offenders and running checks on other vehicles , looks as tho they are getting tougher and its easy money the way some clowns park and abandon there vehicles . :cry:
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby linkwater » Fri May 20, 2016 10:28 pm

I think maybe the parking should be restricted to the Bar/Bank side of the strip. The taxi rank could be relocated to the arches and the parking restrictions should be lifted outside the old QSD offices. One problem is that everything has to go through the Arches. It seems a shame that the fencing off of the land must have some affect on the businesses that face it.
Select Air Conditioning – Mark White
Email: [email protected]
Telephone:
Fixed line: 966719362
Mobile: 647 171 531
linkwater

Postby shelzbelz » Sat May 21, 2016 6:58 pm

Well don't quote me on this either. But i have heard that from next month from the arches all the way up to spice hut is being closed off as that area is all going to be pedestrianised possibly a good thing.

The land behind the galleon where it has all been fenced off is going to be some kind of Saturday market and the land where the The Chop Shop Butcher is is all going to be levelled and made into a proper park. How true this is i don't know but only time will tell!!!

I am personally up for any changes as long as it makes the place look better and brings in more money for pubs restaurants etc.
shelzbelz

Next