Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Driving to Quesada

Re: Driving to Quesada

Postby Bonnieb » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:23 am

Hi, we will be driving over in a couple of weeks with our cat. We are going to get the ferry from Portsmouth to Santander then onto Quesada. Can anybody advise us of the quickest and cheapest route from there please and roughly how long it takes.

Many thanks
Bonnie
Bonnieb

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby marcliff » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:20 pm

Santander to Burgos. Burgos to Madrid. Round Madrid on the R2 ringroad (toll about €2 ) Madrid to Albacete, Albacete to Elche. Elche then Elche to Quesada. Print out a route on viamichelin.com.
About 9 hours including a couple of stops for petrol/coffee etc. Maybe a bit longer if your cat wants more stops.
All motorway except some of the route from Santander to Burgos and parts of the R2.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Norfolk-in-chance » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:23 am

We did the same in November last year minus the dogs. My advice is make multiple stops, we stopped off in Lyon (mistake as from starting off in Ashford to Lyon we were on the road for 12hrs and only one driver) eyes like bull dogs b@ll@cks by the time we reached our hotel in Lyon. My advice is limit yourself to a max of 6hrs drive per day inclusive of coffee stops and enjoy the trip
We stopped off in Lyon, Montpellier, took in la vela in Andorra, Barcelona and a final 6hr run down to Benijofar all at the posted speed limit. The Spanish roads are fine, the French toll roads are even better. Sat nav is a must.
Just do it
Norfolk-in-chance

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby marcliff » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:38 am

Bit of a long way round if they're only going from Santander.
(Yes, I know the previous question was all the way but thought it amusing as it appears you're replying to the last question).
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby garysl » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:39 am

Hi, we will be driving over in a couple of weeks with our cat. We are going to get the ferry from Portsmouth to Santander then onto Quesada. Can anybody advise us of the quickest and cheapest route from there please and roughly how long it takes.

I did it in April and avoided Madrid. We went Santander (well Bilbao actually) to Zaragoza - toll road with very little traffic, which I think cost about 28 euros. Then Zaragoza to Valencia. (again, next to no traffic. Then Valenica, past Alicante, and on to Rojales. It took me about 9 hours,but that includes a couple of short stops for fuel and a bite to eat. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be.
garysl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Previous

Return to Driving to Spain / Car hire in Spain / Buying & owning a car in Spain / Licences & Documents / ITV testing/Transporting items to Spain