Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Driving to Quesada

Driving to Quesada

Postby Mandy123 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:35 pm

Hi I we have just booked the euro tunnel to calais we are driving over with our 2 dogs could any one advise the best place to stop.overnight on way we have been looking on map and thought montpellier was about half way any advice is welcome ...many thanx
Mandy123

Which part of Spain are you from?: Uk

Re: Driving to Quesada

Postby Andrew Hardy » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:59 am

From Calais to Montpellier is a LONG way. On a recent trip I stopped in Dijon, then Barcelona. I don't think there is any best place to stop, it depends how the journey goes, how you're feeling how the dogs cope etc etc etc.
We've got it to do soon with our 3 dogs and will probably not pre book but stop when we feel like it wherever we may be.
I don't think there's a shortage of places that will take dogs and facilities for excercising them at the service areas seem to be excellent (certainly better than here). I saw one where you could even excercise horses!!
Good luck!!
Andrew Hardy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby freddo » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:58 am

Look here route 2 is by far the best way to come
http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/web/Routes ... rivalDate=
freddo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Partida Daimes Elche

Postby Mandy123 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:19 pm

Thankyou freedo that was one of the routes I thought as well but you have confirmed it for me
Mandy123

Postby Suetag » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:57 pm

Hi we are in a similar predicament, we are moving over next May and we have two Yorkies and a cat. I am not sure about the cat in pet friendly hotels. Do the pet friendly hotels cater for cats ?
Suetag

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Calledali » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:14 pm

Hi, I drive from the UK to Quesada at lest once a year, and Depending on your departure time from the uk assuming the eurotunnel route, I would suggest the following.

Coquelles

Rouen
Dreux
Chartres
Vendome ( hotel Balladins good steakhouse next door)
Tours
Poitiers
Angouleme
Bordeaux
Pau
Jaca ( hotel Oreol is great, good underground secure parking)
Huesca
Zaragoza
Valencia
La Font de la Figuera
Alicante
Quesada
Only 50 euro in tolls

The best route I have found after 8 different routes
Portsmouth - Caen overnight, Rennes, Nantes, Bordeaux, Dax, Oloron Sainte Marie, Jaca,
Valencia, La Font de la Figuera, Quesada
Only One overnight needed if you don't mind a nine hour day, and less than 30 euro in tolls
Calledali

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby DianeD » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:09 am

Hi, we did this journey last October with our Lab. We stopped overnight just south of Bordeaux in DAX - was a very long day! We go back in a couple of weeks but will probably make 2 overnight stops . Dogs never seem to be a problem, wouldn't think cats are either? Good luck!
DianeD

Postby Mandy123 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:43 am

Thanx for advice hoping to do just 1 stop were sharing driving so should be a bit easier
Mandy123

Postby maisiesdad » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:13 am

We drive back & forward to Brittany, about 1000 miles, a couple of times a year and have used various hotels. The first time we came down with 2 dogs and 3 cats we did not book a hotel and have never made that mistake again. We tried about 5 hotels before we found one that took animals. The best hotel about halfway for us is the Plazaola in Irurtzun, they don't charge for animals and one of the family rooms gives plenty of room for our menagerie.

I recommend using Google maps and Booking.com to plan your trip, you can figure out what distance suits you best and then Booking.com will detail the accommodation available in the area and whether they accept animals and how customers rate it.
maisiesdad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Suetag » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:31 pm

Hi Maisiesdad
Good to read your post. We plan to go via the Channel Tunnel and looking at probably two overnight stops. We will check out the route and look at booking.com. Any recommendations would be more than welcome. :text-thankyouyellow:
Suetag

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Next

Return to Driving to Spain / Car hire in Spain / Buying & owning a car in Spain / Licences & Documents / ITV testing/Transporting items to Spain