Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

UPDATE TO GESTAGUA S.L. PREVIOUS POST

UPDATE TO GESTAGUA S.L. PREVIOUS POST

Postby costamama » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:00 am

We asked if anyone had seen someone messing about with water meter boxes as we had noticed on two separate occasions a guy going up our street opening water meter boxes (the same ones on both occasion) and when we challenged him he produced a computer printed list which did have some names on it that we recognised but there was something not quite right about it. He produced a ¨business card¨ which said he worked for Gestagua S.L. which is a big water company in Murcia. He did not want to speak Spanish and tried to make out he only understood a little English.

We contacted Hydragua by their Virtual Office online page and told them about this because something was definitely not kosher and they have come back to me and said that they have not ordered any inspections whatsoever on the meters in our street and if we see this guy again we should phone the following number to report the incident to Hydraqua and someone will come out as soon as possible or contact the Local Police.

96 671 53 48 - 900 210 100 o en su defecto a la policia local.

As we mentioned before this was in the area at the top of Costa Azul but by now he and his friends (because there must be more than one of them) could be anywhere else on Quesada. He was driving a white Fiat car. This guy is scruffy, young and appeared to be Eastern bloc nationality - and on the first occasion we observed him he had a fluorescent yellow top on - but not on the second occasion.

We just cannot think what it is he was trying to do - he definitely did something to one of the meters on a house across the road from us - I am posting this just to make people aware. Unfortunately nowadays there are all sorts of scams going on and you have to be vigilant.

We have lived here nearly 20 years and have never seen this type of thing before - it is normally the GAS scam!
costamama

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: UPDATE TO GESTAGUA S.L. PREVIOUS POST

Postby Arthurcox » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:52 pm

May be looking to steal the water meter, we had ours stolen a few weeks ago. Also meter doors have been stolen local to Dona Pepa
Arthurcox

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu