Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Friends apple i pad

Re: Friends apple i pad

Postby clivespana » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:53 am

The Apple help desk are superb, they will talk you through your passwords reset etc.....
clivespana

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Shiva » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:17 am

interesting points here.. I have always disliked Apple and its proprietary approach/ incompatibility with anything not apple etc , just to make sure you are locked in to them and have to keep buying apple etc. But some people just like Apple products, fair enough, you pay a premium for them and it's your choice. I have always gone with Android machines in preference, have a Sony Xperia Tablet and phone. ( Previously had a nexus tablet.)What I don't understand is why anyone would buy an Kindle Fire in preference to an Android tablet ( are they much cheaper? ). If you have an Android tablet you have access to google playstore, google etc and can download apps to read and buy kindle books from the amazon store if you want ( I have the kindle app on my tablet as well.) But if you have a Kindle tablet I understand you are forced to use only the amazon store. To me the choice is really between Apple and Android . I gather that there are a greater selection of apps for apple, but that situation is improving with more and more for android now too. The kindlefire seems the worst of all scenarios, but of course it may have some extra thing that an android doesn't have or may be a lot cheaper . Can anyone shed any light on the good points of a kindlefire tablet?
Shiva

Postby valenciasman » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:23 am

I have downloaded hundreds of books for my kindle, Use a conversion programme called Calibre.
valenciasman

Which part of Spain are you from?: villamartin

Postby Jillandsteve » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:39 pm

When my IPad, bought in bygone well paid pre-retirement days, expires I will not by another.
For my humble needs in retirement, reading ebooks and simple web browsing etc, I will happily use a €70 tablet I saw this week in alcampo. It does, I hope, what it says on the box and if not then it's only €70 down the tubes
Same with my trusty iPhone 4s, that will one day be replaced with a cheaper android device
I list faith, sadly, in Apple when it was going to cost more to mend my 7 year old iMac than buy a new one.
Apple also no charge for online assist which is a bit rich when it's their device that's playing up
The snd of a decade or so of a loyal Apple supporter
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby freddo » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:26 am

What is wrong with your iMac that is going to cost more than a new one
freddo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Partida Daimes Elche

Postby Pete31 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:54 am

Hi again good people. When is an apple i pad locked as the guy that mucked up pad just asks for id and password and no matter what you put in it jus coms up with wrong password or ID? If its locked should it do nothing?
Pete.
Pete31

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entra Naranjos

Postby freddo » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:56 am

Why not ring the Apple helpline and get correct information and assistance
freddo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Partida Daimes Elche

Postby Pete31 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:48 am

freddo wrote:Why not ring the Apple helpline and get correct information and assistance

Ok thanks mate.
Pete31

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entra Naranjos

Postby Jillandsteve » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:17 pm

Took the iMac to Elche as Apple said they couldn't get new parts . Elche said they had to buy an old iMac to cannibalize it so that plays Labour came to more than a new one, so, bought a new one, twice the hard drive size and of course, it's new, but looks strangely like the old one but it doesnt have cd/dvd drive so had to buy one.
Still live the imac and will never go back to a Microsoft based PC
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby valenciasman » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:38 pm

I have never used a Mac but used a PC for over twenty years, days of DOS. Can anyone tell me what is the advantage of Apple equipment?
valenciasman

Which part of Spain are you from?: villamartin

PreviousNext