Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Friends apple i pad

Friends apple i pad

Postby Pete31 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:24 am

hi my friend bought a new Apple i pad but has somehow locked it, he took it back to shop and they charged him to have it fixed they charged him €54 did not do anything told him to take it to a Apple store only one near is Murcia and you have to make an appointment, stinks.

Can anyone help?

Pete.
Pete31

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entra Naranjos

Re: Friends apple i pad

Postby camionpilot » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:30 pm

..par for the course for an overpriced apple product ..!!!!!!
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Pete31 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:54 pm

Mmmmmmm maybe pilot but I have had an apple for the last 5 years good so far touch wood but I bought mine in the UK.

camionpilot wrote:..par for the course for an overpriced apple product ..!!!!!!
Pete31

Postby Jillandsteve » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:01 pm

The 'overpriced' Apple iPad locks for a good reason to stop it being useful to thieves. It locks if you forget the password. Ie don't forget your password
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Jenny » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:05 am

I did the same thing! If you telephone Apple helpline, they will talk you through the unlocking. It takes a bit of time to find the right department, but when you get through they are really helpful.
Jenny

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby AMK » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:39 am

You can reset it locally if you can plug it into a computer. Here's the instructions link from Apple.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204306
AMK

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby Pete31 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:51 pm

Hi still trying to fix friends I pad when I switch it on it dont say its locked it keeps asking me for apple id and password I put it in and tells me that the password or id is wrong after me changing it on my laptop?

Gona chuck it out lol.
Pete31

Postby Jillandsteve » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:35 pm

I don't think you can change it on a laptop first because the iPad won't know as it hasn't been connected back to apple as you haven't been able to get it up and running
Can't understand how your friend bought it and doesn't know, or has forgotten both the ID and password?
Was it new or second hand. If bought second hand then I would be wary as it may turn it to be not kosher ?
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Pete31 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Jillandsteve wrote:I don't think you can change it on a laptop first because the iPad won't know as it hasn't been connected back to apple as you haven't been able to get it up and running
Can't understand how your friend bought it and doesn't know, or has forgotten both the ID and password?
Was it new or second hand. If bought second hand then I would be wary as it may turn it to be not kosher ?

No it was new he dont know nothing about computers and he did not listen to me and cocked it up so just trying to help him out, as where he bought it from are not interested he bought it from Millers.
Pete31

Postby Norfolk-in-chance » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:33 am

I have had three iPads over the last 10yrs replacing them due to new and better technology came and have never had a problem with them. As already pointed out they lock for a reason and that's to stop use or people accessing it if you lose it. After all, all your confidential information is on it, It's hardly the products fault it someone sets a pass number and they either forget it or key in the wrong number. The wrong pass number and it automatically locks.
Phone the Apple Store and they may walk you through the unlocking process or they may think you're "at it" so book an appointment and treat it as a day out.
I dropped one of mine and the screen shattered so took it to the metro centre in Newcastle and for £245 they replaced the iPad entirely.
As for overpriced as commented in a previous reply, you get what you pay for in life, Apple in my opinion are an excellent product.
Just do it
Norfolk-in-chance

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Next