Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

BEWARE I PAD SCAM

BEWARE I PAD SCAM

Postby LA MARINA LADY » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:43 am

I have had a scam supposedly sent to me from I tunes stating that an amount was to be taken from my UK bank account for items purchased, and if I did not want the charges made to go to the web site given to cancel. On that page I was asked for my bank details THIS IS A SCAM my I:T: my team tells me this looks very very authentic but do not give bank details.
LA MARINA LADY

Re: BEWARE I PAD SCAM

Postby Liz & Gordon » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:44 am

LA MARINA LADY wrote:I have had a scam supposedly sent to me from I tunes stating that an amount was to be taken from my UK bank account for items purchased, and if I did not want the charges made to go to the web site given to cancel. On that page I was asked for my bank details THIS IS A SCAM my I:T: my team tells me this looks very very authentic but do not give bank details.

Thanks for the warning
Liz & Gordon

Which part of Spain are you from?: Scotland

Postby Pete31 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:09 am

Yes these tossers will try anything to get your hard earned cash, thank you for your information I will pass this on. Pete.
Pete31

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entra Naranjos

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:16 pm

Yes I had exactly the same thing. Looked almost like an apple iTunes email receipt but a few minor differences. Never click on anything like this as that's what they are trying to do. Happened twice in as many weeks.

You see the invoice, think 'I don't remember buying that app or tune'? then click on one of the links on the page and bingo - may be heading into virus territory. DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS ON ANY SUSPICIOUS EMAILS. Keep your old iTunes email receipts so you can see. All the ones I got in (in outlook) you have option to report as fraud / phishing - which I did with all.

With iTunes or paypal (another one targeted) - you can always check on your account separately - not through a link on the email shown. That will confirm 100%.
Paul - TV Techie

Which part of Spain are you from?: almoradi, alicante

Postby Beaglepup » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:40 pm

Just had one on kindle fire don't even have a ITunes account.
Beaglepup

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada