Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Looking For Internet Provider

Looking For Internet Provider

Postby Blackcat180 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:21 am

Looking for an internet provider that can offer a fast stable internet in Pinada golf 2 near Villamartin. Any advice welcome. Thanks.:D
Blackcat180

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Re: Looking For Internet Provider

Postby Ron Hill » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:53 am

I wish you luck with this one and if you find such a provider please let us all know. Also you will find a wealth of information already on this forum covering this subject. However speeds here are generally much lower than in the UK. For example, Ole Communication offer 3 and 6 Mb downloads, I have the 6 but rarely achieve 6 so I'm changing to Movistar who offer 30Mb on fibre optic (if they bother to turn up before I cancel) This is the fastest I've been able to find here but as you see much lower than the UK.
Hope this helps (and I promise never to criticise BT again for download speed or service)
Ron Hill

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby mondo » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:43 am

I am with Telfy... fibre broadband on a laptop today is 52 download, 21 upload, ping at 14... installed the next day...

..for me, free land line and free mobile too included..

...it could be quicker I expect but it is an old laptop..

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby blanconegro » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:52 am

mondo wrote:I am with Telfy... fibre broadband on a laptop today is 52 download, 21 upload, ping at 14... installed the next day...

..for me, free land line and free mobile too included..

...it could be quicker I expect but it is an old laptop..

Hi Mondo, unfortunately fibre optic is something most of us can only dream about...

Edit to add I'm with Movistar at the moment but they can only give me a maximum of 10Mb (no fibre on El Raso). It's also bloomin expensive. I'm thinking of moving to Skynetlink (Telfy?) who offer 15Mb but I also picked up a leaflet in Fone Fix on Calle Los Arcos offering 20Mb using Wimax. Main drawback with both of these is (as usual) you need to get another dish on your house plus line of sight to the transmitter (which is why i got rid of Telecable).
blanconegro

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby kimdixon » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:23 am

Thanks for the swift responses. Tried Telfy and Telecable but can't get a signal, thats why I'm looking at the satellite option.
kimdixon

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Espanabums » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:33 am

The trouble with Wimax is that the service is rubbish during the holidays. people come to their holiday homes and get temporarily reconnected and the whole system gets diluted. I pay for 8mb but atm am getting 3.5, rubbish.
Fiber optics will be the solution eventually and lots of places have it already.
If you live in a good 4G reception area then you can get a good deal for internet from Orange or Vodafone, however it is a capped service, ok for internet and emails but no good for streaming or IPTV.
Movistar is ok if you are in a good area, you can check what speed you will get by visiting one of their shops; they can only guarantee us 3.5 mb
Eurona use a pseudo 4G service and you can try it for free for 5 days so that could be an option. It is Wimax though and so depends on reception and no holiday traffic.
Steve & Jill, Torrevieja
Espanabums

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja Centro

Postby Jillandsteve » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:08 am

Telfy offer a good fast service. I have an iptv box and have watched movies etc with no buffering and that's not even on fibre
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby whordijk » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:54 am

Advice take a simcard prepaid from orange better cover than movistar 4g with possebilty 2GB per month 12 euro buy you a mifi in the Carrefour http://m.huawei.com/enmobile/consumer/m ... /index.htm http://www.carrefour.es/cart/addToCartM ... id=1192937
A netgear. 4g router or other mark Insert your spanish sim and go for the internet connection on the go the best solution cheaper than a cable connection and even to use in your car or other places beach
whordijk

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada 2

Postby whordijk » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:27 am

There is a router 4g outdoor with a nano simcard for internet connection where the internet is not working fine.
But my post has been removed why i dont know. So google the internet with text outdoor 4g router with sim card, a good solution in the ciudad quesada earea where the internet conection with wifi is not very succesfull. Sorry for the misunderstanding there is also a mifi solution for wifi for your one property or in car use google for mifi
whordijk

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada 2

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:29 pm

Telfy is ok - fibre preferably.

Ole - i'd rather get teeth pulled at a dentist.

There seems to be a mix or possible confusion over Wi-Max systems and Satellite which are not the same. Satellite internet is faster and available everywhere as it's pointing at a satellite!

https://www.skydsl.eu/en-ES/Personal/In ... etails/316 SkyDSL - one example of their tariffs / speeds - if you can't get fibre and want decent speed - might be worth a look
Paul - TV Techie

Which part of Spain are you from?: almoradi, alicante

Next