Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

health care

health care

Postby QUESADALAD » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:34 pm

Hi, just a tester to see if anyone can help.we are early retirees here in Spain,i am 65 next month ,my wife has just gone 64.the way the state pension works in the UK my wife got her state pension before i did, and,as i had a mini stroke when we first arrived here i am on tablets for the rest of my life.we got the s1 forms etc and went to Elche with our interpreter to get our residensia which we did,i have been getting my tablets as a Dependant on my wife been of pensionable age.but as of next month i too become pensionable age,my question is ---can i just carry on as now getting tablets ,seeing doctors etc on my wifes state pension or do i have to go it alone ,i got all my SP forms etc in the post and included was a couple of s1 forms,surely they should know i am a dependant on my wifes SP.--Any ideas anyone.
:text-thankyouyellow:
QUESADALAD

Which part of Spain are you from?: golf course

Re: health care

Postby marcliff » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:00 pm

If you are now of pensionable age then you should get a SIP card in your own right. Simply take the S1 forms, your residence card and beneficiaries card along to the lady in Rojales town hall. Once you have updated your padron upstairs, she will process the new card for you. You will now get your medication free in your own right.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby QUESADALAD » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:51 pm

Oh right, excuse my ignorance but what is the beneficiaries card.i know the lady you mean,I do already have a SIP CARD which i hand in to receive my medication which i have to pay a minor fee.
QUESADALAD

Postby marcliff » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:07 pm

QUESADALAD wrote:Oh right, excuse my ignorance but what is the beneficiaries card.i know the lady you mean,I do already have a SIP CARD which i hand in to receive my medication which i have to pay a minor fee.

The "dependents" card. Actually the "beneficiario" card.
marcliff

Postby mondo » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:15 pm

If you do nothing, in a few months they will cancel your SIP card anyway then you will HAVE to get your own..

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby QUESADALAD » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:36 pm

I dont have a dependants or beneficiaro card.unless my Sip card with the doctors name and address on the back is it.only other one is my residencia card but cant see anywhere were it says beneficiaro.i do have a S1 form that names me as a dependant,.
QUESADALAD

Postby marcliff » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:41 pm

There is nothing on your actual SIP card that gives your status. However, your S1 will have pensioner or dependent (pensionista o beneficiario) which is what your status will be recorded at. As you are now a "pensionista" you should have a card in your own right. This will be linked to the pharmacy computer so they will know how much, if anything, to charge for your prescriptions. Also, if something happens to your wife (God forbid) then your status would be cancelled.
marcliff

Postby QUESADALAD » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:38 pm

Right thank you Marcliff you have been very helpful.while out last night a friend whose wif,es birthday was today,so received her spa had to go to somewhere in Torrevieja to get her card,but i will get my stuff together next week and pop round to see the very helpful (in the past) lady at the bottom of the stairs in the town hall and see what she says.

:text-thankyouyellow:
QUESADALAD

Postby QUESADALAD » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:37 pm

Hi just a update, I have been to see the lady in the town hall and after waiting for at least 40 mins while she was on a break,there was 3 before me,i went and renewed my padron and went to take my place after another 20 mins so i had been there well over 1 hour my turn, i went to the desk she took my s1 forms and while i was trying to explain that i was to become a pensioner in August so required my own SIP card she ushered me away saying this is not valid until August come back then.so come 10th August my b,day i go back to go through it again and no doubt will probably me told to go back in 3 weeks for my sip card ?strange country this is.
QUESADALAD

Postby RogerB » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:39 pm

Good Luck .... everything shuts down in August anyway :D
RogerB

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Next