Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Bus service!!

Bus service!!

Postby AndyC » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:41 am

Hi everyone,

We have just returned from a break in Albir and whilst we were there we used the local bus service into Benidorm.
This is a wonderful service and the whole area is covered for a minimal cost. There are also train links to everywhere and a bus link from Benidorm to the Airport.
My question is "Why can't we have a service like they have elsewhere?"
Quesada is a growing Town and surely needs a better infrastructure. There is no point in having a train service and a high speed link to Madrid if you can only get to the stations by car.
Is there any way we can have a better service to our Town by approaching the Ayuntemiento?

Cheers,

Andy C
AndyC

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Bus service!!

Postby mondo » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:03 pm

I know this has been asked before

Last time it was stated that it is a commercial issue. If enough people used the busses the bus companies would put them on... but sadly they are under used.

We often catch the 9.00am bus that goes from Rojales,through Quesada, Carrefour, the hospital and Torrevieja.. quite often we are the only people on it..

The old story.. no one uses the busses... the reason?.. there are few busses, why?.. because no one uses them..

From Rojales you can get busses to Alicante, Orihuela, Torrevieja, La Mata, Guardamar, and several other places... but they are few and far between, and often only a few people on them.... no call for them, so no extra busses..

You could try to contact the Quesada Town hall, or Derek Monks , you never know..

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby linkwater » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:52 pm

It can't be that hard for the bus companies to stick a time table on the main bus stop giving time details of destination and route with stops along the way. I tried in the past but the times kept changing along with the route. One evening bus returning from torrevieja might help as well
Select Air Conditioning – Mark White
Email: [email protected]
Telephone:
Fixed line: 966719362
Mobile: 647 171 531
linkwater

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby annecasa23 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:24 pm

I wish we had a bus service from murcia airport to Torreveija. The transfers are getting very expensive.
annecasa23

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreveija

Postby Martin the artist » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:52 am

There used to be a bus ran a circular route round Rojales & Quesada.
However when we moved in 9 years ago, they'd reduced it to just one a day.
So if someone from Doña Pepa wanted to go to Rojaels town centre for instance, they could get there but not back!
Then they wondered why no-one used it!
The route is still there with some bus stops with route on, but no buses for almost 9 years!
I think it would be a good idea to introduce a system that they use in other countries - like the 'reggae reggae' buses in th ecarribean, the dolmuses in Greece & Turkey & similar in Poland - where anyone can apply for a licence to operate an unscheduled service.
Using minibuses - obviously properley saftey checked etc - they could ply the set route at any time they wanted and they'd have to charge the set fare.
Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Dot » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:08 am

I agree , we really need some kind of service either round the area or to the beach but preferably airport.
Dot

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo marabu

Postby mondo » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:24 am

I think the original poster is asking for a service to the airport and other surrounding towns.. which would be great..

Sadly when we use the busses, which is quite often, apart from Market days they are almost always empty.

No one is going to run empty busses for ever

.. I suppose we could say that as long as Quesadians don´t use the existing busses, there will not be any extra ones put into service.

Hard but true
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Jan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:30 am

Dot wrote:I agree , we really need some kind of service either round the area or to the beach but preferably airport.

All of those would be good. The beach service could just be something like June to September. We often see the airport bus go straight past the Consum area roundabout on the main road while we are drinking our sundowners in Daniella's bar...so frustrating that they can"t schedule in an extra stop or two!!
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Dot » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:30 am

Mondo perhaps If we had a bus service which had a tinetable and you could get somewhere and back st reasonable times maybe it would get used I live in lo Marabu no buses here.
Dot

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo marabu

Postby Martin the artist » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:44 am

There are buses, but not good service, and Jan does good job putting the timetables on this forum.
E.g. there is a bus that goes to La Mata each day - lovely beach - but if you ask at townhall for details of it, they claim it doesn't exist!
So here's the details for that one:-

Costa Azul bus from Elda to Torrevieja due in Rojales at 10.30am.
Return from Torrevieja 6.30pm.

But do think that there needs to be a service around the town.
E.g. friends on our urbanisation - Pueblo Lucero at bottom end of golf course - don't have a car but use buses a lot.
But if they need to visit the health centre, they have to walk into town, get early bus to the arches and walk from there - and ame coming back makes it a full day's outing plus a lot of walking!
I suppose the only answer is the taxis which aren't expensive, but a lot more than a bus would be.
And another friend who lives in one of the new houses in Pueblo Bravo, cycles to visit me.
Not too bad getting to me - steady uphill along the airport road, but going back she has to push it all the way up Calle Onda.
Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Next