Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Horseriding at villa salada beware

Horseriding at villa salada beware

Postby pavschick » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:55 pm

My daughter and granddaughter went to villa salada near to San Luis horseriding. To say they had a bad experience is an understatement. They were provided with no basic safety equipment I.E safety hats and were told it was alright on the numerous occasions they asked for them. Both are able to ride but by no means experienced and they informed the stable of this. They were provided with two horses that were over 15 hands high. My granddaughter is 10 and about 26kg. The horse my daughter was on decided to bolt and lucky enough she got it stopped before she was badly hurt. She called a halt there and then and was met with mothing but rudeness when she complained. So beware not a safe place to take the family
pavschick

Which part of Spain are you from?: La siesta

Re: Horseriding at villa salada beware

Postby Mickey Braw » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:58 pm

Sorry to play devil´s advocate but for me the time to have called a halt was the moment they failed to provide the basic safety equipment.
Sounds to me that you had a lucky escape.
Mickey Braw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby pavschick » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:06 pm

Doesn't take away from the fact that they are a totally unprofessional and dangerous operation. This is my daughters first visit to torry and with the language barrier she was trying to get her point across. All in all a disappointing day for my granddaughter and €50 for nothing oh well put it down to experience
pavschick

Which part of Spain are you from?: La siesta

Postby Jan » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:05 am

Sorry to hear this. Thank you for the warning.
How dangerous -It could have been so much worse. I don't know who this should be reported to but surely there must be inspections of places like this to check that they are following safety procedures.

Jan
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa