Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Information about Health centres please?

Information about Health centres please?

Postby George & Brenda » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:05 am

Hi all
We're are new to the forum and would like a little help regarding health centres near were we are moving to ( Benimar 11) we are not residents but will be staying aprox 2 months at a time would like information on what we would need to register at the health centre .
Thanks in advance
George & Brenda
George & Brenda

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Re: Health centres

Postby marcliff » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:40 am

Basically, you can't. Although Rojales town hall used to issue a temporary health card I'm not sure if they still do. You would need to use your EHIC for emergency treatment. If the town hall still issues the temp card then you still need your EHIC to get one.
You also require to be on the padron (equivalent to electoral roll) which only residents are supposed to get but, again, Rojales town hall used to do it for non-residents as well.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby George & Brenda » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:04 am

Thank you for your reply so in the event of an emergency I can still use the Heath centre providing I have my EHIC CARD is this correct .
George & Brenda

Postby scubydoo » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:21 am

Rojales will issue a temp SIP card as long as you are on the Padron and yes they will let you on the padron even if you are not resident you will need to renew the SIP card every six months it is worth getting the SIP card.
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby George & Brenda » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:26 am

Thank you for your reply if you would explain what the SIP card is & how to go about obtaining it I would be grateful also what paperwork I would require for this as I first said we are new to Spain .
Thanking you George
George & Brenda

Postby Shiva » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:52 am

You can use your EHIC card to get treatment as and when you fall ill as you are a temporary visitor and not a resident.You dont need to go on the padron etc. You just need to turn up at the health centre with EHIC card and passport ( with some info on address where you are staying) and you will get an appointment. The receptionist may speak some English but the doctors are unlikely to so you need to be able to manage a bit of spanish or bring someone with you to interpret. You are in Benimar it depends which side you are, whether you are Rojales or Benijofar. As to which health centre you go to. We stayed in Benimar on the Benijofar side 2 years ago and I had to get an apt in the Benijofar health centre beside the town hall.Went to the centre, no problem, got an apt for next day. If you are Rojales side I think it is the centre down near the cemetary which has the 24 hour urgencias sign. But as long as you are a short term temporary stayer looking for one off or emergency treatment you are covered by EHIC and dont need to try registering etc ( as a temporary visitor you are not eligible anyway.
Shiva

Postby valenciasman » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:55 am

Basically the SIP card gives you very similar medical cover to the UK. The EHIC card is for emergencies. My friend had a hernia but was refused treatment and advised to to to the UK as he only had a EHIC card.
valenciasman

Which part of Spain are you from?: villamartin

Postby George & Brenda » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:06 pm

Thank you all for your information we are very grateful for your help . Hoping we don't need this but best to be safe than sorry .
Thanks again
George
George & Brenda