Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

abandoned houses

abandoned houses

Postby kazzyb » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:47 pm

On travelling round Quesada it appears quite a few house have been left and neglected for many years Is there any way that these houses can be bought
kazzyb

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: abandoned houses

Postby scubydoo » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:07 pm

They are normaly owned by the bank (repossessions) or some may have been illegally built but it takes them years to get all the paperwork through the courts so they could come on the market at any time you just have to keep you eyes open some banks are quicker than others.
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Tootandploot » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:14 pm

They appear to have all been mopped up by Sareb (government owned bank mopping up toxic debt) who will drip feed them back onto the market at inflated prices to remain abandoned. Vicious circle, but that seems to be the Spanish way. There is a theory in there somewhere!!
Tootandploot

Postby newchocs » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:00 pm

Actually, there are very few old villas owned by the bank, if any. The reason a few houses lie abandonned in the older areas is because there are many which have complicated titles, with the owners passing away and family disagreeing over selling them, or properties owned by very elderly foreigners who no longer visit. It doesn't take long for these houses to look abandonned, especially when little or no maintainable is done to them and they have large green gardens that become quickly overgrown.
I have personally tried to buy two of these properties, from the owners, one was a Spanish family of 7 that had to agree to sell and the price and the other was an Italian family that hadn't even visited the house, but their mum died and they found the title deed. All very complicated and after months, I gave up.
Any bank properties in Quesada sell quickly as a rule, but very few were villas. Most repos were apartments and townhouses that were bought at the height of the market. The big old villas rarely have mortgages on them, so banks don't repossess them as a rule.
newchocs

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Tootandploot » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:09 pm

I know of at least 10 villas that have been repossessed after the builder went bust and the bank, who I have been in contact with won't release them yet.
Tootandploot

Postby kazzyb » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:15 pm

I myself bought my present house from the bank and found it a simple process but I am looking for something bigger now Just a thought re the abandoned ones how would I get a notas simpla that may help
kazzyb

Postby scubydoo » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:32 pm

[quote="newchocs"]Actually, there are very few old villas owned by the bank, if any. The reason a few houses lie abandonned in the older areas is because there are many which have complicated titles, with the owners passing away and family disagreeing over selling them, or properties owned by very elderly foreigners who no longer visit. It doesn't take long for these houses to look abandonned, especially when little or no maintainable is done to them and they have large green gardens that become quickly overgrown.
I have personally tried to buy two of these properties, from the owners, one was a Spanish family of 7 that had to agree to sell and the price and the other was an Italian family that hadn't even visited the house, but their mum died and they found the title deed. All very complicated and after months, I gave up.

Sorry but you are wrong with regards to properties being sold by the bank! I know of at least 8 that have come on the market with one bank alone and been sold in the last year. I also know there have been others with different banks but they are not as cheap as they were some years ago. However they are still coming on the market albeit slowly.
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby fiona-jim » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:47 pm

hi, how would I find out who is selling repossessions on behalf of the banks?
any help is appreciated.

thanks fiona
fiona-jim

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby hobgoblin » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:10 pm

try solvia via sabadell bank
hobgoblin

Which part of Spain are you from?: formentera

Postby scubydoo » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:20 pm

Have a look they come up daily and you can register for alerts