Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Asian Food store

Asian Food store

Postby Inge » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:11 pm

Hi everybody,

Since we're new here (living in Rojales) and we love to cook Chinese and Asian food..... We're looking for an Asian/ Chinese food store where we can buy al the herbs and vegetables needed. If it's possible also a new wok for electric cooker (don't know if it's the right word in English; we're from Belgium) etc.

Thanks for any help.
Inge

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Re: Asian Food store

Postby marcliff » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:10 pm

There is a good Asian food store near the market in Torrevieja. Just up from the central bus station.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby TonyH » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:50 pm

marcliff wrote:There is a good Asian food store near the market in Torrevieja. Just up from the central bus station.

Where abouts is this? I've tried to find it, but never had any luck - can you give a rough address?
TonyH

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Florida

Postby marcliff » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:30 pm

It's on the corner of Calle del Mar and Avenida de las Habaneras. Called the Taj Indian Store.
Avenida de las Habaneras is the long road with the Guardia Civil HQ on it.

It's supposed to be open 24 hours a day but I've never fancied a hot chili or a bunch of Lemon grass at 3 in the morning so I couldn't vouch for that.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Babu » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:14 pm

After a long search we found a non-stick WOK in the Large Chino store (Merca Benijofar) up past the Quesada arches before you get to the Mercadona that is for use with all cooker types, seems to be good quality and reasonable price too.
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Jillandsteve » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:39 pm

Not far from habaneras and in the industrial area before iceland thrre is an indian foids warehouse which stocks almost everything you need in asian related food
Also, carrefours has a japanese food section, lidl is currently selling asian food and so is consum
The dutch suoermarket in benimar has a great asian food section with lots of indonesian based products
Near the torrevija bus station there is a good indian store and a good chinese store
We love asian food too and spent many hours exploring and found the afforementioned shops to be the best.
The hardest thing to get is japanese curry which is a unique taste and very difficult to source
Oh, and the weekend markets, lemon tree and the one near the motorway passed benimar do stock the neccessary spices
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales