Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Bank charges

Bank charges

Postby bergor » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:46 pm

Hi

Does anyone know if the deutsche bank charge to add money into their bank. Reading through posts it seems some banks do.
Thanks
bergor

Re: Bank charges

Postby Dinkelharper » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:05 am

I know that some banks do. I have Sabadell and they do not charge anything to deposit money. However if you transfer money from another country there is a currency exchange fee but when making the transfer from let's say England you should be able to choose Euro as the currency you are transferring and therefore bypass the currency exchange fee, hence making a fee-free transfer.
Dinkelharper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Elche

Postby bergor » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:29 pm

Thank you very much for your reply.
bergor

Postby Curious » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:05 pm

We are with Deutsche Bank. If you are paying Euros in cash into your account you do not pay charges. All banks charge quarterly for having an account but I have found we pay half the amount than if it were a Spanish bank account.
Curious

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby marcliff » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:48 pm

Curious wrote:We are with Deutsche Bank. If you are paying Euros in cash into your account you do not pay charges. All banks charge quarterly for having an account but I have found we pay half the amount than if it were a Spanish bank account.

Only if you're a non-resident. We pay no charges with Bankia providing 200 euro a month is paid in. No charges for paying in. No charge for one debit card. No quarterly charges, no non-resident certificate every 2 years.
Our UK bank charges £10 for a 2-4 days transfer and £30 for an urgent (same or next day) transfer. However, they give a lousy exchange rate (I transferred 10k over yesterday and it was 1.138).
Deutsche Bank here is a Spanish bank. In UK, Santander is a UK bank. They have to be registered on the Spanish system (and the uK system in UK) in order to trade and the T&Cs are exactly the same as the Spanish.
You are, I hope, aware that Deutsche Bank in Germany is in rather a lot of trouble and may go to the wall pretty soon. The debt level they have for misdealing would make it the 6th highest debt ower in the EU. It has something like a 425 billion dollar shortfall in its accounts.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Curious » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:36 pm

Thank you Marcliff, I wasn't aware that Deutsche bank was in so much trouble. I'll bear Bankia in mind as I was under the impression that all Spanish banks made quarterly charges and non resident certificate charges. I don't know if customers money is protected in Spain as it is in the UK but I will have to keep the balance low and be ready to change banks as short notice.
Curious

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby marcliff » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:53 pm

Curious wrote:Thank you Marcliff, I wasn't aware that Deutsche bank was in so much trouble. I'll bear Bankia in mind as I was under the impression that all Spanish banks made quarterly charges and non resident certificate charges. I don't know if customers money is protected in Spain as it is in the UK but I will have to keep the balance low and be ready to change banks as short notice.

You can't get away with the non-resident certificate with any bank, including Deutsche Bank. Some banks charge more than others but it's a tax requirement.
Your money is protected in Spain under EU rules up to €100,000. In fact, it was the EU that forced UK to up their protection as you were only protected up to about £30,000 until then.
Here's an article about Deutsche Bank
Trouble
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2