Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

This weeks markets

Re: This weeks markets

Postby Liz & Gordon » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:40 pm

jim wrote:unfortunately in spain you must by law carry your national id document which is your passport for british residents and non residents...and if you are driving...your licence

Jim just for clarity on my part ,if Im not driving do I still need to carry my ID (passport) each time I venture out.
When Iam driving I have the reduced size laminated certified passport,is this satisfactory.
I make a point of not carrying around credit cards ,bank cards unless absolutely necessary.Why take the risk.
Liz & Gordon

Which part of Spain are you from?: Scotland

Postby Janjan » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:10 pm

A Man Bag is ideal for Driving Essentials and Passports. It can be locked in the Boot or put under the seat.
You might have seen Spanish Men using them as they also need to carry ID.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby Jan » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:11 pm

Liz & Gordon wrote:
jim wrote:unfortunately in spain you must by law carry your national id document which is your passport for british residents and non residents...and if you are driving...your licence

Jim just for clarity on my part ,if Im not driving do I still need to carry my ID (passport) each time I venture out.
When Iam driving I have the reduced size laminated certified passport,is this satisfactory.
I make a point of not carrying around credit cards ,bank cards unless absolutely necessary.Why take the risk.

Only for driving! The certified laminated passport and driving license is fine.

Even if we were supposed to carry ID at all times (when not driving), who would do that?! I wouldn't...no way!
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby avoncliffe » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:50 am

Liz & Gordon wrote:
jim wrote:When Iam driving I have the reduced size laminated certified passport,is this satisfactory.

Sounds a good idea, where is Quesada can we get this done; who should certify the copy?

Wondering if it possible to get done in UK, would it be valid in Spain and again who to certify ?

Vera and Geoff
avoncliffe

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Jan » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:00 am

avoncliffe wrote:
Liz & Gordon wrote:
jim wrote:When Iam driving I have the reduced size laminated certified passport,is this satisfactory.

Sounds a good idea, where is Quesada can we get this done; who should certify the copy?

Wondering if it possible to get done in UK, would it be valid in Spain and again who to certify ?

Vera and Geoff

It can be certified at the Town Hall. Here's a couple of previous topics about it :

post57407.html

post32080.html

Jan
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby mondo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:40 am

At a meeting of the Neighbourhood Watch the Rojales Police chief said that laminated passports and driving licenses were not proof enough and were not acceptable. Only genuine originals were to be carried on your person or in the car...

However, a lot of people do this and I have not heard of any problems..

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby jim » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:37 pm

jan

it is a legal requirement in all european countries that you have your national id document at all times, the uk being the exception, technically you can be arrested if you do not have it.
the police do not accept reduced sized copies of anything whether stamped or not, what you do is up to you, but that is the law

janjan

generally insurance companies do not regard cars as secure

if the boot can be accessed from inside the car then it is not secure...stuffed under the seat forget making a claimn
jim

Which part of Spain are you from?: central quesada

Postby Janjan » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:11 pm

I know they probably wouldn't be covered if stolen from a car but surely it's better to hide them in the car than carry them round a market and get them pinched. It isn't like the UK when you can produce them later unless you're lucky. My husband used a Man Bag but he never opened it to get cards or money out. I carried the cash. Always watch your back. Becomes second nature.
Janjan

Postby Dinkelharper » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:14 am

Ok, to go back to topic... Does anyone know during what hours the different markets are operating?
Dinkelharper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Elche

Postby Janjan » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:00 pm

Most Markets are in the morning up to about 2pm. Los Montesinos is in the afternoon about 4pm.
Janjan

Previous