Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

No Life Buoys or Rope on La Mata Beach

No Life Buoys or Rope on La Mata Beach

Postby Mac3blade » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:22 am

we usually go to the beautiful La Mata beach to swim and relax but while walking yesterday we noticed that there weren't any Life Buoys or ropes anywhere to be seen the whole length of the beach and the currents can be very dangerous. As I recall,when the Red Cross used to man the beach,they always had Life Buoys on poles along the beach but they are no longer there. What is the situation in Guardamar beach? Are there any Life aids there? It really frightens me to think that if anyone got into difficulties in the sea,there would be no safe way of offering held with out these Life aids. What is wrong with the council here? Thousands of people are using the beaches for months on end and they only provide beachguards for a short time. I did not see any telephone numbers telling how to contact the coast guard or police. Something needs to be done before we have another drowning.
When you consider the amount of money pouring into the area from tourists and residents alike,surely to goodness,they could provide some safety measures for us.
I know many of you forum readings will agree with me and I hope one or some of you will contact the newspapers or councillors and implore upon them that they must provide safely measures for the beach users
I am not a resident and do not know who to contact so I am relying on you.
Together,let us make changes that could save lives..
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Re: No Life Buoys or Rope on La Mata Beach

Postby brandyboy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:37 am

You are quite right in what you are saying, unfortunately there are those who will not leave these things alone and I'd wager that is why they have disappeared from La Mata and many from Guardamar too.
brandyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: No Life Buoys or Rope on La Mata Beach

Postby Janjan » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:06 pm

I think you will find the Lifequards are mainly students who will be back at College now. We have watched them being trained at Guardamar on a Sunday Morning before the Season starts. Everybody should take care on a Beach they don't know. It can get very windy at Guardamar as well which whips up the water.
Look what happened at Camber Sands. 5 died because they didn't know about the Sand Banks which leave people stranded when the tide comes in.
112 seems to be the number to ring unless anybody knows differently.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area