Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Car hire

Car hire

Postby Danny1967 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:40 pm

Hi all
I'm thinking of booking flights for xmas and new year but car hire seems a bit expensive can anyone recommend someone
Thanks
Danny1967

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Car hire

Postby Suetag » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:05 pm

We recently booked car hire through Do You Spain with Firefly from 27th to 31st Dec for 54€ cost for cab a one way from the airport.
Got my own annual insurance
Suetag

Postby DeeDee » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:49 am

We have used airport ones for over 10 years but the last one (first time we had use these) Victoria rentals tried to con us out of 485 euro for damage that was already on the car when we collected it. Luckly I had taken photos and got them to mark off the damages on our form when we collected the car but it took over 4 months to get them to admit they were in the wrong.
Since then we have used arrow cars in quesada and wish we had used them years ago. No hassle price quoted is the price you pay no hidden extras no credit card swipe of 700 euros and they meet you at the airport hope this helps
Whitbygirl77
DeeDee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona pepa

Postby scubydoo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:15 am

Hi you can also try wheels in Spain a local company based in Alfgorfa great all inclusive deals and great service you will find them very helpfull fully leagal and will take cash.
Sandra 646 44 57 20.

No hidden costs No extras

http://www.costablanca-carhire.com/
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby scubydoo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:23 am

You could also check out Zest formaly Econamy Car Hire they are good we used to book through them and used Centuro at the airport as they are on site with no bother we recently used Zest in the UK ahd had insurace cover that they proveide on line very resonable and when we made a claim we were fully compensated the cove is for everything you can think of
An extra driver is included FOC as well.

https://www.zestcarrental.com/
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Josies » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:24 pm

We recently used "Firefly" at Alicante airport. We too thought it was a good price £34.91 for 1 week.
We had booked full to full for the fuel so didn't expect any other charges as we had our own insurance.
When picked up the car they said we would be charged €94.88 for full to empty on fuel (this included service charge of €23.31 +IVA21%. We returned car full as we had said we would. We were given "refund" of €51.80 and were charged €32.12 service charge = £30.12! Total car hire cost £65.03!! So beware your cheap car hire may not turn out so cheap! Not happy!!!
Josies

Which part of Spain are you from?: Marquessa golf

Postby Suetag » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:32 pm

We have hired with Firefly 6 or 7 this year and never had any issues with them.
Suetag

Postby JackieG » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:01 pm

We were recommended Lara Cars, we have used them 3 times now from Murcia and Alicante, and there is no one way charge if you fly in to one and out of the other, the price they quote is the price you pay no hidden extras, and you are met in the arrivals hall so no queuing, just a small charge to exit the car park which was under a euro. Previously we always used Goldcars until following a delay flight they charged as 40euro as we arrived after 11pm never again.
JackieG

Which part of Spain are you from?: Los Montesinos

Postby ALAN T » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:16 pm

same old story with car hire at alicante airport, looks cheap ,but if you don't play the game right ,you"ll get stung for something,damage,fuel charges,extra ins, long ques at their desk.
some are worse than others,we have been hiring cars from the airport for about 3 yrs now ,had couple of near misses(lucky i took pics) .
as its been said, local car hire is less grief, but more expensive, you have to weigh it all up,if don't want any hassle
go with the local co. if you're up for an argument and not easy intimidated you will save money with the airport co.
we're out 1-9th dec, car hire from airport £40 + fuel approx 30 euros, i have my own car hire ins £38/ yr
hope this helps
ALAN T

Which part of Spain are you from?: quedada

Postby Whiskybob » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:06 pm

if you need to hire from airport goldcar, some people say to use local but how much does a taxi cost from airport? so goldcar it is, cost us about 12 euros per day all in with their own full insurances hardly expensive that
Whiskybob

Which part of Spain are you from?: La zenia

Next