Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Goldcar, Murcia Airport

Goldcar, Murcia Airport

Postby Calledali » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:07 am

Hi All, just returned back in UK from Quesada to find that an additional charge has been made on my credit card by Goldcar for Check In Emergency Kit. I don't even know what this is. It is only 30 Euros but if it is for the emergency kit in the car, then it was never there when I collected it. Who checks thios anyway.
As it is only 30 Euros, even though I have protested, it will cost more in time to pursue the matter, but it has completely soured me against Goldcar who I have used many times over the last 10 years.

Has anyone got a suggestion for a good, reliable, non fraudulent car hire company in the area who will service both Murcia and Alicante Airports
Calledali

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Re: Goldcar, Murcia Airport

Postby mark&denise » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:20 am

Hi I use rental cars .com can cancel 2 days before and re book if price dropped firefly are good just check car and take pictures record is another that is good regards Mark
mark&denise

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Jan » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:45 am

Calledali wrote:Hi All, just returned back in UK from Quesada to find that an additional charge has been made on my credit card by Goldcar for Check In Emergency Kit. I don't even know what this is. It is only 30 Euros but if it is for the emergency kit in the car, then it was never there when I collected it. Who checks thios anyway.
As it is only 30 Euros, even though I have protested, it will cost more in time to pursue the matter, but it has completely soured me against Goldcar who I have used many times over the last 10 years.

Has anyone got a suggestion for a good, reliable, non fraudulent car hire company in the area who will service both Murcia and Alicante Airports

We use Opencar these days, based in Quesada and at the airport. However with all hire companies I have always made a point of asking, before taking the car away, if there are safety vests and 2 warning triangles in the car. If there aren't any in the car then they have to put them in the car for you. Don't take their word check yourself - The vests are usually in the side pockets or the glove compartment and the warning triangles are in the boot. Apparently it's the driver who gets fined for not having these in the car, so some hire companies 'conveniently forget' to put them in.

It sounds like Goldcar are either assuming it was in the car or are scamming people for this piece of equipment that they say was in the car. No one can prove this so its up to us to check. It's such a shame that hire car companies can act like this.

Was it in the inventory of the hire car agreement? I have never heard of an 'emergency kit' but it may be a new thing we have to check and ask for, before driving away, if its not in the car.

You can ask on here: https://www.facebook.com/DrivingSpain/

Jan
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby milor » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:07 pm

Cant believe people still use Gold Car after all the bad reports in the media. Featured in the Guardian last month, exposed on BBC watchdog and fined 15.5 million euros by the Spanish Government for operating a Cartel.
GoldCar try it on and yes I got caught by their scams, but fought it and won. Hired a car on a Full Full contract, returned it full. Paid fot the fuel initially and expected a refund, however they deducted 25% as a charge. Spent hours going through their terms and conditions and found the relevant sections. Also quoted sections on the web site. Magically a refund appeared.
I wonder how many 30 euros have been charged for the never there warning triangle that the original poster never had.

Gold Car will also charge you for a clutch if it goes when you hire from them as well as numerous other obscure items listed for you to make you take their extra insurance.

Best to take forum members advice on car rental and use the smaller local companies. Coys in Torrevieja are excellent.
Last edited by milor on Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
milor

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby scubydoo » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:18 pm

milor wrote:Cant believe people still use Gold Car after all the bad reports in the media. Featured in the Guardian last month, exposed on BBC watchdog and fined 15.5 million euros by the Spanish Goverment for operating a Cartel.
GoldCar try it on and yes I got caught by their scams, but fought it and won. Hired a car on a Full Full contract, returned it full up. Paid fot the fuel initially and expected a refund, however they deducted 25% as a charge. Spent hours going through their terms and conditions and found the relevant sections. Also quoted sections on the web site. Magically a refund appeared.
I wonder how many 30 euros have been charged for the never there warning triangle that the original poster

Totaly agree rip off merchants. :text-goodpost:not just a few complaints but thousands gust search on google!
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby raybestwick » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:37 pm

Agree with all the negative comments re goldcar,hire about five or six times a year and stick with Centauro each time full to full, never had a problem so far
raybestwick

Which part of Spain are you from?: guardamar

Postby Calledali » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:10 pm

Last time I used Centauro on an unused fuel refund, they conveniently didn't refund 3/4 of a tank and when challenged they claimed it was too late to check.
Another one to cross off the list
Calledali

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby Ron Hill » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:16 am

Glad to see Goldcar finally being brought to book. They've got away with scamming for far too long. I look forward to the day I go to the airport and they are no longer there. Problem is its people coming into Spain who are being fleeced I now spread the word in UK not to hire from them. There are no bargains to be had at Goldcar. We need to keep spreading the word wherever we can
Ron Hill

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby paulwps » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:04 am

Another thing to check is the radio earial, they take it off , you dont notice it missing, then they say you've lost it.
film the whole transaction, then on return, you MUST make them sign the paperwork stating no further damage and tank full !
I will from now on, seems excessive but necessary, as they are all bandits !
paulwps

Which part of Spain are you from?: costa blanca

Postby brandyboy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:09 pm

It´s a minefield. :evil:
brandyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Next