Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Mince Beef from Lidl

Mince Beef from Lidl

Postby omarell » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:12 pm

Hi advice needed. Bought some mince beef from Lidl the other day and cooked it.I normally boil it to get rid of the fat.The broth is normally geyish brown in colour. However on this occasion the broth was red in colour after 30 minutes cooking. Any ideas why its like this.Do Lidl put a red dye in their mince?
omarell

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu

Re: Mince Beef from Lidl

Postby Swallow » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:44 pm

I find Lidl's beef mince terrible, it's a horrible taste. I buy Mercadona's, it's excellent & I buy the kg pack as it's very good value buying that size.
Swallow

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby shelzbelz » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:10 pm

It's not actually mince beef it's mixta which I think is pork and beef so that maybe why and thats always put me off buying it.

I get my minced beef from Consum they even do a minced beef specifically for spagbol very tasty.
shelzbelz

Postby Jillandsteve » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:23 pm

Minced beef from hamiltons, excellant
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Southpaw » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:03 am

Pure steak mince from The Chop Shop, delicious!!
Southpaw

Postby dr.doolittle » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:12 am

I have to say I have never had a problem with mince from Lidl, but do think the best mince is from Rio butchers.
dr.doolittle

Postby scubydoo » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:20 am

shelzbelz wrote:It's not actually mince beef it's mixta which I think is pork and beef so that maybe why and thats always put me off buying it.

I get my minced beef from Consum they even do a minced beef specifically for spagbol very tasty.

They do both at Lidl mixed and plain it says what it is on the packet.
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby sunworshipper » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:26 am

I always buy beef mince from Lidl and have always found it lean and with hardly any fat. Beef mince is Vacuna. They also do beef and pork mince which is lighter in colour and is called mixta on the package . Personally I am not keen on the mixta as there is more fat comes out when cooking and of course it does have a different taste
Happy in the sun.
sunworshipper

Postby Quigley » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:56 am

You can get pure beef mince from GAMA, Spervalue or Consum. Pure beef without any additives. In all three outlets, you can buy the beef you like and ask them to mince it for you at no charge. We always buy are mince this way. You don't know whats in packs.
Quigley

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Jan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:01 am

omarell wrote:Hi advice needed. Bought some mince beef from Lidl the other day and cooked it.I normally boil it to get rid of the fat.The broth is normally geyish brown in colour. However on this occasion the broth was red in colour after 30 minutes cooking. Any ideas why its like this.Do Lidl put a red dye in their mince?

I like Spanish sausages. They are red in colour and I have always been under the impression that its Paprika that makes them red and the liquid/fat that comes out of them when cooking is red. So the redness of the liquid in their mince could possibly be the Paprika that they put in the mince, particularly as mentioned above that they do a mixed pork & beef mince.

Jan
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Next