Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Is it a possible new Lidl store?? - New building.

Re: Lidl Superstore

Postby blanconegro » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:33 pm

donaduo wrote:I'm not an engineer but I'd say that the structure appears too substantial to be a supermarket. Aren't they usually built on a steel frame and thin steel metal walls?

I watched a Lidl being build at the Playa Flamenca roundabout and the construction method was identical to this one.

Re the access, I used to work in a planning office before I moved to Spain and access was one of the first things that had to be sorted out before something on this scale would even be considered. But of course, no doubt the Spanish system works differently. If they extend that camino that runs round the back of the site to the roundabout at the arches, that would possibly be an option.
blanconegro

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Southpaw » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:02 pm

It looks suspiciosly like the building opposite Zoco Market that has has looked deserted for years!
Southpaw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Is it a possible Lidl Superstore?? - New building.

Postby Jan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:18 pm

Hi
We have merged a couple of topics together into here as they appear to be talking about the same building.

Jan
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Liz & Gordon » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:20 pm

Sjbass wrote:Hi everybody

My Villa actually overlooks the building work.

I just hope that the entrance to the store is not going to be where the lorries are going in and out, I am surprised the electricity pylon hasn't been hit yet, because the junction there is a nightmare. When I am in my garden all I hear during the day is the sound of car horns as well as cars crashing in to each other. There was a very serious crash there last week and two ambulances had to attend the scene.

If only the council were to put up planning notices, we may actually offer them some good advice but hey ho we are in Spain and Common Sense does not compute.

Steve

Hi Steve so you stay in a "Villa"close by the building site, close by a junction that's a "nightmare" and your offering the Council advice???
He ho we are in Spain.
Liz & Gordon

Which part of Spain are you from?: Scotland

Postby marcliff » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:45 pm

Southpaw wrote:It looks suspiciosly like the building opposite Zoco Market that has has looked deserted for years!

The one opposite Zoco market is a store house for a big, online company. All those buildings put up there was when the duty rumour said a huge shopping mall was going to be built there. It eventually went up at La Zenia.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Jan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:05 pm

Liz & Gordon wrote:
Sjbass wrote:Hi everybody

My Villa actually overlooks the building work.

I just hope that the entrance to the store is not going to be where the lorries are going in and out, I am surprised the electricity pylon hasn't been hit yet, because the junction there is a nightmare. When I am in my garden all I hear during the day is the sound of car horns as well as cars crashing in to each other. There was a very serious crash there last week and two ambulances had to attend the scene.

If only the council were to put up planning notices, we may actually offer them some good advice but hey ho we are in Spain and Common Sense does not compute.

Steve

Hi Steve so you stay in a "Villa"close by the building site, close by a junction that's a "nightmare" and your offering the Council advice???
He ho we are in Spain.

I believe this junction has only become a problem in the last couple of years or less, since the roads were opened up properly all the way down to Consum, as much more traffic is taking this short cut down to the Consum area and up to the Arches. The junction recently has become a difficult one to cross on foot let alone for the cars. It has a blind spot when coming out of this road with the new building on the right (see where the building is on the photo) and has always had this blind spot due to the small concrete building on the corner. However it wasn't always such a big problem until this 'short cut' started to become popular with cars. It is a cross junction so using it to go left, right or straight on takes some concentration and I'm afraid many people do not take this care. We have seen cars driving at speed up to the junction, giving a cursory glance and then continuing without slowing much at all and not realising that the right hand side (the blind spot) is even a road at all. This is because it was once hardly ever used but now it is.

What I'm trying to say is I can see what Steve means - If these planning notices were known in advance, those of us who know this area may be able to offer our observations that may be taken somewhat into account when planning buildings and their road accesses.

Yes it is Spain and we all accept that things are often not the same as the UK (for good or bad) but this junction could become a black spot soon, especially if this building is going to bring more cars there.

Just my opinion.

Jan
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Re: Is it a possible new Lidl store?? - New building.

Postby Southpaw » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:25 pm

:text-goodpost:
Southpaw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby lance » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:45 am

Latest gossip, the new build is going to be a Lidl & the old Lidl, near Consum is going to be an Aldi. Every day a new story.
lance

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa. Quesada

Postby Liz & Gordon » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:23 am

Taxi driver confirmed last night while driving past its going to be a Chinese store.
Liz & Gordon

Which part of Spain are you from?: Scotland

Postby wumba » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:39 am

Liz & Gordon wrote:Taxi driver confirmed last night while driving past its going to be a Chinese store.

Just what we need :evil:

The Lidl is small and often overcrowded, although the checkout girls and boys are excellent. A bigger store would be nice.
wumba

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

PreviousNext