Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Is it a possible new Lidl store?? - New building.

Is it a possible new Lidl store?? - New building.

Postby lindylou23 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:19 am

Can anyone out there confirm whether or not the building works currently underway, just down from Quesada Arches, is going to be a new Lidl Superstore, and the one by Consum, Doña Pepa 2 will be closing.
lindylou23

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Re: Lidl Superstore

Postby Jan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:48 am

lindylou23 wrote:Can anyone out there confirm whether or not the building works currently underway, just down from Quesada Arches, is going to be a new Lidl Superstore, and the one by Consum, Doña Pepa 2 will be closing.

Sounds like an urban myth - If it was going to be a 'superstore', due to the nature of the Las Naciones road, the access to the store would be blocked by cars coming and going and the high street would get backed up, let alone the problem with parking. The parking could be solved by underground or multi storey facilities but the road from the arches would be a nightmare to get through. It is bad enough now.

So my thoughts are no I wouldn't think so.

Jan
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby marcliff » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:34 pm

Plus they would normally stick a big sign up saying "Coming Soon" or whatever. The new Aldi (by Iceland) and the new Lidl (further up by the roundabout) in Torrevieja both has big signs up even before work had started.
No idea what they are doing by the Arches but a big car park would be good considering they are discussing pedestrianising Avda de las Naciones.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Southpaw » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:51 pm

The footings layout looks like an urbanisation, probably those white cubes that are popping up everywhere! They are now starting to demolish the little Finca, the garden at the moment but no doubt the house will go soon. Don't think they would need all that space just for a supermarket.
Southpaw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Sjbass » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:03 pm

Hi everybody

My Villa actually overlooks the building work and yes I can confirm that it is going to be a new Lidl superstore and the one by Consum is going to close.

I have spoken to a number of the workmen on the site.

I just hope that the entrance to the store is not going to be where the lorries are going in and out, I am surprised the electricity pylon hasn't been hit yet, because the junction there is a nightmare. When I am in my garden all I hear during the day is the sound of car horns as well as cars crashing in to each other. There was a very serious crash there last week and two ambulances had to attend the scene.

It looks as though the Finca next door is also being encroached on, if not demolished.

I have also seen official looking men, with clipboards, walking around the area between the Finca and the Quesada roundabout.

If only the council were to put up planning notices, we may actually offer them some good advice but hey ho we are in Spain and Common Sense does not compute.

All the best to everybody

Steve
Sjbass

Postby scubydoo » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:57 pm

Sjbass wrote:Hi everybody

My Villa actually overlooks the building work and yes I can confirm that it is going to be a new Lidl superstore and the one by Consum is going to close.

I have spoken to a number of the workmen on the site.

I just hope that the entrance to the store is not going to be where the lorries are going in and out, I am surprised the electricity pylon hasn't been hit yet, because the junction there is a nightmare. When I am in my garden all I hear during the day is the sound of car horns as well as cars crashing in to each other. There was a very serious crash there last week and two ambulances had to attend the scene.

It looks as though the Finca next door is also being encroached on, if not demolished.

I have also seen official looking men, with clipboards, walking around the area between the Finca and the Quesada roundabout.

If only the council were to put up planning notices, we may actually offer them some good advice but hey ho we are in Spain and Common Sense does not compute.

All the best to everybody

Steve

Thank you :text-goodpost:
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Lisaofspurs » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:41 pm

Sorry to change the subject but where is the Iceland store.

Lisa
Lisaofspurs

Postby marcliff » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:10 pm

Lisaofspurs wrote:Sorry to change the subject but where is the Iceland store.

Lisa

Avenida Cortes Valencianas in Torrevieja. Drive along the CV905 (the main road from the motorway to Torrevieja). Go past San Luis and La Siesta and then, at the next roundabout (signed Avda Cortes Valencianas) turn left. Follow the windey road and take the right at the roundabout, next roundabout straight on, next roundabout turn right, next roundabout turn left past the sports centre. At the end of that road is another roundabout and turn right, you are now on Avda Cortes Valencianas. Keep going for a couple more roundabouts and, when you see Torregrossa furniture store on the right, take the slip road after that roundabout. Follow the slip road all the way along past the Ford dealers, big Chinese store, a couple of furniture stores and the entrance to Iceland is on your right. A few other ways to go but that is quickest.

Re the building works. Sorry, I though we were talking about the land being cleared next to the roundabout and opposite Don De. I've seen the other one they are clearing so know where you're talking about now.
marcliff

New building along from roundabout at arches

Postby Laura » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:08 pm

At the entrance roundabout to Quesada, if you take the road on the right, past the coach tours bus stop, there is a new building which has been erected at a great speed. The land was cleared and flattened a couple of weeks ago and then pillars erected a couple of days ago and now concrete panels being inserted so the building has just sprung up. The building is in the triangular area in the map.

Anyone know what it is going to be?

Laura
Laura
Picture contest entrant
Picture contest entrant

Re: New building along from roundabout at arches

Postby marcliff » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:25 pm

Previous thread on this

Click here
marcliff