Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Friends

Friends

Postby lowers » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:56 pm

Hi
We have a place in Algorfa.We are coming over for a trial year long stay with our two boys next year.Ben is 6 and TJ is 4.We home school our boys.We are members of a home school group in England and the boys get to meet and play with other children.

Are there any families with children of similar age that we could possible meet for play and to make friends with?

Regards

Dave and Lynne
lowers

Which part of Spain are you from?: algorfa

Re: Friends

Postby VivaEspana » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:55 pm

I'm sure that Jan won't mind me suggesting that you have a look on algorfaforum.co.uk. I hope you find some friends in Algorfa for your boys, it's a lovely place.
VivaEspana

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Gingin » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:32 pm

Hello, I've pm'd you.
Gingin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby lowers » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:16 pm

Thanks VivaEspana and have messaged you Ginny.
lowers

Which part of Spain are you from?: algorfa

Postby Haze » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:56 pm

Hi lowers
With every respect, have you done your research with regard to home schooling. It is my understanding that it is illegal to homeschool children here in Spain. Have you been to the Town Hall in Algorfa to ask for advise ? All Town Halls have a education department. As you say you are coming on a one year trial period. Surely it would be beneficial to give your children the best opportunities and especially young children will make friends and learn a new language easily if they attend school .

Our son is in his third year of attending a Spanish school. In the UK he struggled through primary and secondary school. We arrived when he was 14 and has never looked back.

Just a remember this is Spain not the UK, there are different laws, a different culture and life style.
Haze

Postby Gingin » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:26 pm

Hi Haze, just saw your post and wanted to correct you re legality of home ed. it's not illegal at all, it's not particularly common in smaller town but the bigger cities have large networks of home ed groups. infact our bank manager was telling us that she was home ed growing up, as have expat friends with kids who haven't got on with spanish school for one reason or another.
Regarding the social side and learning the language, there are lots of ways for children to make friends and the language in or out of school with lots of sports activities. The best possible start isn't the same for everyone, I'm sure you agree.
However, should the OP want the name of an excellent tutor to support them I can highly recommend one.
Gingin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Haze » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:21 am

I think like a lots of things here in Spain its who you ask. We were informed by our Town Hall and solicitor that our son would have to attend school
Haze