Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

A day in the life..

A day in the life..

Postby digdagdog » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:54 pm

Hi All
So here is my dilemma for those who live in quesada all year round what is a typical day? even in soaring heat months? Odd questions I know but trying to justify taking the risk (due to brexit of course) to move over or stay put we have been over to view properties twice and they are still for sale. Appreciate any comments. Thanks
digdagdog

Which part of Spain are you from?: uk

Re: A day in the life..

Postby TonyH » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:58 pm

Well, which do you prefer - "Hell Fire & Brimstone", or the possibility of a really hot Summer? I should add that is my personal opinion & that of some of my close relative's. It's a big decision, to give your own thoughts to - regardless of Brexit.
TonyH

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Florida

Postby scubydoo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:44 am

Full details in the link but I can think of 325 reasons to be in this area! :D :D :D :D

The Costa Blanca or “White Coast” name is derived from the 200 kilometres of golden and white sandy beaches that account for much of the eastern coastline of Alicante. With an average yearly temperature of 19 Celsius and some 325 days of sunshine per year, the weather in Costa Blanca and the super micro-climate is arguably the best of all the Spanish Costas.

https://costasonline.com/costa-blanca/weather/
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby digdagdog » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:42 am

Hi TonyH & Scubydoo
Thank you for your comments what I was trying to find out is what do people do especially in the high season
I know you need to do the mondaying chores like housework! But how do people cope with heat if you don't have a pool or like swimming? We have been twice to CQ and as I said in my post was about to buy when brexit destroyed the dream but we have started to talk about it again but to be honest brexit scares me for the ex pats . What sort of activities go on? (Clean ideas now 8-) LOL :lol:
digdagdog

Postby scubydoo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:04 pm

I don't think you need to let Brexit scare you as there are ex pats all over the world, as far as what people do everyone is different some people just moan about the heat LOL some people play bowls, golf, bike ride, some people sit and watch the tv! if it's realy hot just go shopping the supermarkets are freezing in summer plenty to do on days out coach trips etc personally we prefer to be too hot than too cold and I nearly forgot to mention ice cold beer :D ;) .
scubydoo

Postby Jan » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:19 pm

digdagdog wrote:Hi TonyH & Scubydoo
Thank you for your comments what I was trying to find out is what do people do especially in the high season
I know you need to do the mondaying chores like housework! But how do people cope with heat if you don't have a pool or like swimming? We have been twice to CQ and as I said in my post was about to buy when brexit destroyed the dream but we have started to talk about it again but to be honest brexit scares me for the ex pats . What sort of activities go on? (Clean ideas now 8-) LOL :lol:

Quite a few residents I know go back to the UK for the whole of August to holiday with friends and/or relatives, leaving the very hot weather to the holidaymakers.

Jan
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Mickey Braw » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:10 pm

For me the best thing about living in Quesada is that you have so many more usable days than you have in the UK. If, for instance, you make arrangements to go out, have a BBQ, play golf, cycle. You can do, 90% of the time, without fear of your plans being spoilt by the weather. Sure, it gets hot in the summer but not so hot that it becomes unbearable.
We have aircon in the house and car. Shops, bars and restaurants are kept cool.
So there´s plenty of respite on very hot days.
We stay away from the coast from the second week in July to the last weekend in August, when we go out we go inland.
There were so many days I spent in the house in the UK, because of the inclement weather, whereas here we are out and about all the time.
Plenty of social groups available for all tastes.
More options for eating out, you can find what you want.
In short living in Quesada gives you more days to enjoy your life.
As for Brexit, as said previously, there are millions of Brits living throughout the world who seem to be doing so quite happily, why should it be so different in Spain?
(Cue the doom and gloomers).
Mickey Braw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby garysl » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:24 pm

Fully agree with the comments already made. I'd rather be too hot than too wet or too cold. We moved over in April and didn't watch any TV (apart from the odd football match) from early May to the end of September. As we've got Sky, anything we wanted to watch, we recorded, and we're watching a lot of it now.
What would you do in the UK? Here, we can have a barbie without wondering if it's going to rain. Have friends round. Sit out in the garden until it's time to go to bed. Swat mozzies. Go on a drive somewhere different. Do whatever you want in nicer weather. We're all different. I have no desire to go back to the UK at all.
garysl

Postby manxmunk » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:38 pm

Hi digdagdog, apart from all the suggestions above, people who I have spoken to over several years have all said the same thing as above, plus the fact that it affords you a better more relaxed quality of life. What more could you ask for?
manxmunk

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby digdagdog » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:20 pm

Thanks All
For your comments apart from the swatting mozzies all sounds good hope to prevent the mozzies getting indoors and eliminating the chances of getting bitten as they like me !
digdagdog

Next