Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Best Wi-Fi in Ciudad Quesada

Best Wi-Fi in Ciudad Quesada

Postby Matt B » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:56 am

Hi,

We are looking to install Wi-Fi into our property. We won't be there all of the time. Could any of the readers please recommend a company for both price and service speed. We've also heard about switch on switch off services where you don't pay for long periods when you're not at home. Has anyone had any experience of this service (good or bad). Many thanks.
Matt B

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Re: Best Wi-Fi in Ciudad Quesada

Postby Jan » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:41 am

Matt B wrote:Hi,

We are looking to install Wi-Fi into our property. We won't be there all of the time. Could any of the readers please recommend a company for both price and service speed. We've also heard about switch on switch off services where you don't pay for long periods when you're not at home. Has anyone had any experience of this service (good or bad). Many thanks.

We use DVBLAB and find them good for our holiday home as they are turn on /turn off so we only pay for a month at a time when we are there. We phone as we are leaving the UK and pay by C/C and it's on when we get there. We have had no problems and it suits us. It's a one off fee for installation and the router at the beginning and nothing more then than the on/off fee.
19 euros per month
https://www.dvblab.com/
You can have a direct debit set up to pay as you need it online but then it's a calendar month only. We prefer to pay by credit card and get it on for the day we arrive and it's stays on for the 4 weeks although we turn the router off as we leave .It's still good value even if you only stay a couple of weeks.

There are others on this link to compare:
broadband-wifi-phone-and-tv-f88/

Jan
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Lafincaphill » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:41 pm

:text-goodpost:
Lafincaphill

Which part of Spain are you from?: LA finca

Postby MargaretNKen » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:38 pm

We have just had wi fi installed in our apartment, switch on switch off , We used Teleast, we only pay for the days we use it. 6 MB speed. We ring up with days we are there pay over the phone or Internet
MargaretNKen

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Dave c » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:50 pm

How much do you pay per day.
Dave c

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby MargaretNKen » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:42 pm

1st day 3 Euro Then 2euro after 5 days 1 euro per day. 100 euro to install. It took them about 45 mins to install, no mess
MargaretNKen

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby mark&denise » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:48 pm

:D we have just had telfy fitted in dona pepa 1 tests so far max 15mb drops to 10mb and on odd occasions 6mb runs an iptv box they do a switch on and off service install price for that is 150euro or 80 euro if you have the all year internet very neat job when the fitted it could not see the wire in the house :D
mark&denise

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby VivaEspana » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:13 pm

mark&denise wrote::D we have just had telfy fitted in dona pepa 1 tests so far max 15mb drops to 10mb and on odd occasions 6mb runs an iptv box they do a switch on and off service install price for that is 150euro or 80 euro if you have the all year internet very neat job when the fitted it could not see the wire in the house :D
Is 6mb or 10mb still as fast as we get in the UK or is it really slow? Thanks.
VivaEspana

Postby Jan » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:28 pm

VivaEspana wrote:
mark&denise wrote::D we have just had telfy fitted in dona pepa 1 tests so far max 15mb drops to 10mb and on odd occasions 6mb runs an iptv box they do a switch on and off service install price for that is 150euro or 80 euro if you have the all year internet very neat job when the fitted it could not see the wire in the house :D
Is 6mb or 10mb still as fast as we get in the UK or is it really slow? Thanks.

In the UK we have BT Infinity2 which is advertised as 'up to' 76mb - In Spain we average 5 to 10 mb but it's good enough for what we need as holiday-home Wifi. Yes it is slow compared to the UK but can be adequate, depending on what you use it for. It works fine for general stuff and I don't notice it being much slower. I have even watched Netflix films on my Laptop and am amazed that at that speed I can actually watch without buffering most of the time.

I guess if I were resident in Spain I would need faster Internet.

Jan
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby TonTri » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:16 pm

We had Telfy install 5Mb internet to our apartment last month for €23 per month, plus an €80 installation charge. Although the speed is officially much lower than we have in the UK, it seems to be a lot quicker. We are running an Android box off ours and our daughter and son-in-law run their IPTV in their villa in El Raso using the same package. It seems quicker on the laptop as well.

I dont know about on/off though as we havent looked into that option.
TonTri

Next