Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Shopping for bedding and household linen

Re: Shopping for bedding and household linen

Postby marcliff » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:31 am

El Zoco market is on Sundays and is located by the roundabout with the motorway as you come off for Quesada (signed Torrevieja Norte).
Habaneras shopping centre is in Torrevieja and is right next to the big Carrefour hypermarket. If you go out the back of Habaneras, there are other parades of shops including bedding shop, LIdl, Aldi and so on. Zenia Boulevard is the new shopping centre just off the motorway a few stops up (going that way means you have to pay the toll) which has the Primark shop.

IKEA has been mentioned and the nearest one to us in Murcia about a 40 minute trip but there is also a huge shopping centre close by to make it a day out.

When we first came over back in 2002, we had a furniture package from a shop called Arca. It was cheap and nasty but served us well for a holiday home. Except for the bedding provided. I don't know why the Spanish would put up with it but it was scratchy cotton, a bolster for a pillow and big eiderdowns. The next thing we did was bring over sheets and pillows etc (you couldn't get pillows here then, just bolsters or square cushion type things) which was a lot better but it was when we found out the difference in bed sizes as the fitted sheets didn't fit. When we moved over permanently, we brought our beds from UK as well so all was then fine. However, in the last 4 or 5 years, things have improved greatly in Spain. There are now many outlets available which just weren't there before. Zara Home and El Corte Ingles do Egyptian cotton sheets, IKEA has a good selection of duvets and even Carrefour in Torrevieja has duvets in now and again. They are, however, still more expensive than UK. After all, you can pick up a double duvet in Asda for a tenner but average around €50 here. As for pillows, only the English places sell them as the Spanish seem to like these bolster things.
I'm sure you'll have a great time exploring all these places. I think Laura Ashley has a sale on duvets at the moment for around €100 each (which is why we don't shop there).
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Jan » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:47 am

marcliff wrote:El Zoco market is on Sundays and is located by the roundabout with the motorway as you come off for Quesada (signed Torrevieja Norte).
Habaneras shopping centre is in Torrevieja and is right next to the big Carrefour hypermarket. If you go out the back of Habaneras, there are other parades of shops including bedding shop, LIdl, Aldi and so on. Zenia Boulevard is the new shopping centre just off the motorway a few stops up (going that way means you have to pay the toll) which has the Primark shop.

IKEA has been mentioned and the nearest one to us in Murcia about a 40 minute trip but there is also a huge shopping centre close by to make it a day out.

When we first came over back in 2002, we had a furniture package from a shop called Arca. It was cheap and nasty but served us well for a holiday home. Except for the bedding provided. I don't know why the Spanish would put up with it but it was scratchy cotton, a bolster for a pillow and big eiderdowns. The next thing we did was bring over sheets and pillows etc (you couldn't get pillows here then, just bolsters or square cushion type things) which was a lot better but it was when we found out the difference in bed sizes as the fitted sheets didn't fit. When we moved over permanently, we brought our beds from UK as well so all was then fine. However, in the last 4 or 5 years, things have improved greatly in Spain. There are now many outlets available which just weren't there before. Zara Home and El Corte Ingles do Egyptian cotton sheets, IKEA has a good selection of duvets and even Carrefour in Torrevieja has duvets in now and again. They are, however, still more expensive than UK. After all, you can pick up a double duvet in Asda for a tenner but average around €50 here. As for pillows, only the English places sell them as the Spanish seem to like these bolster things.
I'm sure you'll have a great time exploring all these places. I think Laura Ashley has a sale on duvets at the moment for around €100 each (which is why we don't shop there).

:text-goodpost:
There are some good answers on this topic. I'm sure they will be very helpful to many people moving into their new properties.

We never had any of these shops when we first arrived to kit out our holiday home - It's amazing how the area has come on leaps and bounds in the past eight years.

:text-thankyouyellow:

Jan.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby grayone » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:38 pm

Humm, our Queen size bed is 150 x 190 and the singles 90 x 190, all bought from the big furniture shop on the highway between Guardmar one Torre... We took some fitted sheets from the uk to find the bottom sheets much too big. So before you do anything take a tape measure to the beds (:0)
Graham
grayone

Postby RozMc » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:07 pm

We bought our place earlier in the year and have bought towels etc from Yorkshire linens at Habeneras, and also bought sheets, duvets covers etc from Yorkshire and the other linen shop by the arches have been really pleased with them and they wash very well... Hope you enjoy your new home... And buying new stuff for it,, :D
RozMc

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Audbro » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:59 pm

Sound advice as usual from everyone, looking forward to my shopping, doesn't seem so daunting now, as we have lots of options and suggests from all of your posts, will keep the forum updated with my antics. Cheers once again Audbro.
Audbro

Postby blackvelvet » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:27 pm

We recently completed on our house and we have used yorkshire linen both in quesada and near
Hanaberis (I will be corrected on this spelling !)
We took the measurements of our beds and a lady stayed with us and helped to get everything from
Bedding towels and curtains and nothing was too much trouble. We think quality is good. And good value.
blackvelvet

Which part of Spain are you from?: from england

Postby Audbro » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:31 pm

Thanks black velvet, will visit Yorkshire Linen n see what they got , cheers Audbro.
Audbro

Postby shayla.pathison » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:12 am

Hi, new here and just shifted from California to Boston and same I am looking for bedding, furniture and other accessories for home décor. I have just checked the online stores but the things are very expensive… is there any idea to get used homewares and furniture?
I just get a new online store named Zuhni offering all bedding of brands at 65% discount.
shayla.pathison

Which part of Spain are you from?: madrid

Previous