Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Which bank

Re: Which bank

Postby Jan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:58 pm

TonTri wrote:To be honest Jan, I dont know. Our solicitor set us up with Sabadell and that is the account they gave us. We never researched the different banks at the time. It seems to be very well set up for non-residents and online banking though and as I said, we have had excellent service so far.

Yes so have we. I'm impressed with their services and online banking.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby The Rower » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:19 am

Jan wrote:
daz wrote:
Jan wrote:
No Sabadell don't!
Normal account charges for a normal current account is 15 euros every 3 months and 34euros per year for the cards (inclusive fee for two cards for us!). Those are a flat fees inclusive for two of us on a joint account, with no other charges for any account dealings. Much better than some banks I have found. Also for anyone with a certain amount like a pension going into the account per month , there are NO charges.I just looked at my last full year fee statement for this.

Jan

I note the monthly charges you mentioned for Sabadell, but unless I was misquoted in branch the other day, they are dearer than that, or are about to increase, not sure which.

they told me 30 euros a quarter, so obviously 120 a year, + 38 approx. every two years for non res tax. so minimum 139 approx annually plus other charges for what we would otherwise take for granted in the UK.
if you find that miracle of a bank with a fee free account, you will hit the jackpot, and I'm sure we would all like to know about 'that' one.

My last full year statement of fees that I had to hand was 2015. I am waiting for 2016 but have had no notification of raised charges, although they may have gone up a bit. The fees you quoted for Sabadell would not have "any other charges for what we would otherwise take for granted in the UK" as we have only had the maintenance charge per quarter plus card charge each year and of course non res certificate every 2 years.

However, your latest fee quote from Sabadell is a good starting point for others who want to compare the charges...not by word of mouth but by going into each bank personally like you have.

Someone mentioned they were charged for normal transactions with Caixa. Well that needs to be confirmed too as Sabadell certainly don't charge for any day to day normal transactions. That should be included in the quarterly maintenance charge otherwise what is a maintenance charge for?

Anyway, it's nice to get opinions of banks but for actual up to date charges and fees it pays to talk to the banks themselves.

Jan

We set up a Sabadell account intending to purchase here in 2015. The sale fell through so we now use it as a non residents account. We are out here at present and I noticed on the last bill on top of the 15 Euro quarterly charge, we were also charged 20 x 65 cent charges. I went into the bank last week and he gave us a copy of the bank charges which confirm the 15 Euro charge, but additionally for every transaction over 5 or 10 (he wasn't sure which and we didn't press him) free ones we are charged 65 cents. So the account we have allow 5 or 10 payments to a retailer or withdrawals per quarter, then its 65 cents.

Additionally we transferred some money to our Aborgado and they charged us .45% of the total amount.
The Rower

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby mfc » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:06 am

just been charged 42euros for the last quarter charges from SABADELL bloidy outrageous ammount. when over next week will be looking to change bank.!!
mfc

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby gebrow » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:17 pm

it looks like all banks charge you unless you deposit 750 euros or more per month, we have sabadell which like has been discussed charge as well, we only use it for holiday expenditure on the house, mind you my UK account if I did not deposit over 1000 in also would charge me for things, so it is not just a Spanish thing!
unless anyone knows a spanish bank that does not charge for small deposits / use if so please let us all know.
gebrow

Which part of Spain are you from?: algorfa

Postby bktayken » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:48 pm

Just copy pasted this from another tread thats running on here........................ "I have just been to the Sabadell bank as they took 80€ out under the heading "INTEREST or COMMISSION" in the last quarter. The bank said as we no longer have our monthly pension transfered (cancelled it due to the exchange rate drop ) there are now charges and he said with a credit card payments you get the first 9 transactions free then after that they charge .60c per transaction so it soon mounts up .
On top of that we pay 28€ a year for the privilage of having the card .....so they charge you for the card and again when you use it looks like a win win for them .......any cheaper banks out there ????
bktayken

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby TonTri » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:58 pm

I would check if you can switch to a different of type of account with Sabadell. We have a Key Account and dont pay in regular amounts, although we have all our apartment direct debits with them. We have one debit card, it is free for the first card, and pay quarterly charges of €30. We are non residents so I dont know if that makes any difference.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Previous