Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

EASYPOST PROBLEMS DONA PEPA

Re: EASYPOST PROBLEMS DONA PEPA

Postby marcliff » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:00 am

Maily wrote:I sent documents from this shop to my lawyer in Glasgow five months ago and they still arrived

Did you miss out "haven't"?
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Sareheadies » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:12 am

I've always used the Post Box for all my mail, normal and special and NEVER had any problems here ever. The staff have always been extremely helpful and provided the appropriate documentation. Surely it's not the Post Box fault that mail goes missing....they only act as a drop off/collection point and are not in charge of the actual delivery.
Sareheadies

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby donaduo » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:40 am

:text-goodpost:

I've received lots of packages through them including several high value items. On one occasion, with goods coming in from the US, they dealt with all the associated custom's correspondence too.

I have no complaints, only praise.
donaduo

Postby Dave_999 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:37 am

All of these stores are similar. They will all have a variety of options for sending important documents. These will range from simple recorded delivery to overnight courier services. The main services are linked to UK Postoffice, the default would be 1st class mail and it is actually posted near Gatwick following overnight air freight. This is well established, reliable and secure. Bearing in mind the busy time of year there was a higher risk of something going wrong.
Advice for anyone in the same position is to ask at the mail point of your choice. Only the sender can judge how much it is worth for security and guarantees.

Separately, but also high risk, cheques are valuable from a data viewpoint. Consider, your name, sort code, account number, bank name and branch. Possibly an address and other personal details. Always use a secure service.

Whilst most publicised data breaches run into thousands of entries, there will always be a market for individual chunks of information.

Simply be aware.
Dave_999

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Orbit1 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:49 pm

I am more or less positive that all the local shops/mail points use the same company (Easypost) so surely it wouldn´t matter where you post the mail if it gets processed by the same firm once collected from each mail point. I think it´s very unfair to lay blame at the mail points/shops when they are doing their job by taking and processing the mail for the courier company to collect. Once it leaves their premises it´s surely out of their control as to what happens from then on. I have used the guys in The Post Box (everyone keeps saying Post Room) in Doña Pepa for years. Never had a problem, always found them to be very helpful and very sincere in everything they do.
Orbit1

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Manda » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:06 pm

I have used Easypost for years for both sending and receiving mail and never had a problem. They dont offer you a registered service automatically, its up to you to decide if what you are sending is important. A cheque to me is considered important so i ask for it to be registered. Its an excellent service. Choice of Correos or Easypost - its a no brainer - Easypost every time!
Manda

Postby Lynne Anderson » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:09 pm

We sent a letter to our solicitors on Friday from Dona Pepa and it arrived on Tuesday Morning. We have sent lots from them in the past and always received a speedy and efficient service.
Lynne Anderson

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby davids0865 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:36 am

As a newbie, I have to ask, is Correos really so dire that people have to use 3rd party services, or, is it trying to be safe?
davids0865

Previous