Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

EASYPOST PROBLEMS DONA PEPA

EASYPOST PROBLEMS DONA PEPA

Postby prefect » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:12 am

On Dec 19 I posted 2 letters at the EasyPost/Computer shop in Dona Pepa near to the Gama Shop. Both letters contained important documents and cheques, one letter was to France and the other to Glasgow. I used this service thinking it would be a safe and secure method for valuable documents
Up to this morning both letters have failed to arrive at their destination.
Yesterday,Friday 20th Jan I visited the Post Room to inform them and was told that all letters received by them went to Gatwick, They just didn't seem bothered that maybe the post was being tampered with after they received the letters, and if the envelopes weren't Registered there was nothing they could do, I was unaware that they used a Registered service, In the meantime I am £20 out of pocket for stopping the cheques
Any help would be appreciated as to any further action I can take, and I am certainly back to using the Correos again
prefect

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales/Quesada

Re: EASYPOST PROBLEMS DONA PEPA

Postby djw » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:55 am

I sent 2 birthday cards via easy post in torrevieja they never arrived when I googled them I wasn't the only one. Not sure other than a denunciation there I a anything you can do.
djw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Daya nueva

Postby prefect » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:17 am

A few years ago in a different life, I dealt with several Post Office delivery frauds and theft from the mail. Xmas was always a bad time due to some senders putting money into cards. I remember one culprit informing me that with practice he could feel if there was cash inside an envelope or card. It only takes one rotten apple in the barrel to spoil it for everyone.
Post office employees are vetted, but we have no idea who deals with the mail from these Postrooms, or indeed, if it is the airport ie baggage handlers at Gatwick
prefect

Postby Mickey Braw » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:36 am

That being the case, why would you entrust them with such important material?
Mickey Braw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby blanconegro » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:46 am

I have used the Post Room many times to send important documents and never had a problem. When the guy behind the counter saw the delivery address he asked if I wanted them sent recorded delivery. The mail is then taken by courier to Gatwick where it it sent onward by first class mail. Oh yes, and you're given a tracking receipt so you can check delivery.
blanconegro

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby prefect » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:23 pm

Nice to get these details on the forum, but I certainly wasn't informed of them in the postroom
prefect

Postby Toastmaster » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:06 pm

There is another reliable post room in Card Shop in Benimar opposite a Route 66 . Efficient and never had a problem
Toastmaster

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doha Pepa

Postby Heid the ba » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:57 pm

I sent documents from this shop to my lawyer in Glasgow five months ago and they still arrived
Heid the ba

Postby william » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:42 pm

Sent a parcel from Dona Pepe a few years ago took about 1 month to get to Devon, never again.
The Spanish postal service is far superior and price wise just as good, 2 days here to England.
william

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby benji » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:42 am

I have always used the card shop in Benimar & never had any problems until recently when 2 cards never arrived in the UK.
benji

Next