Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Nie update

Nie update

Postby nigieboy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:27 pm

I need a new nie as my initial one was valid for 3 months. My lawyer is pursuing this for me(60e) .however since the 1st nie my passport has been renewed and she now requires a notary in the uk to sign a copy of the new passport and send it to her.
My query is can i buy a car using my temporary nie or do I need to wait for the new one.i am currently in the uk.
nigieboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Re: Nie update

Postby scubydoo » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:36 pm

Traffico do not normaly accept out of date NIE's crazy realy as the new ones once again no longer have a renewal date on, I have however known of someone buying a brand new car with an out of date 3 month NIE so I guess it may be who you know! best get the new one sorted then no more problems.
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Anniep » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:41 pm

Never renewed our NIEs when we bought cars, the number doesn't change . Had to get an up to date padron but not NIE.
Anniep

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu

Postby garysl » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:49 pm

I bought a car with an NIE that was out of date. I was going to renew it and the car dealers told me not to bother. They just photocopied it with a blank piece of paper over the bit that said that it was valid for 3 months.
garysl

Postby nigieboy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:33 am

Looking on line it says passport or nie is this so?
nigieboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Quigley » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:07 am

Your NIE number is the same as UK's NI number. It never changes. You should up date your Padron only.
Quigley

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby scubydoo » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:24 am

Trafico insist on the NIE if you are not resident and it must be in date if you are resident you don't need the NIE as it is on the residencia card. You will need your passport as well.

The NIE never changes but some are only valid for three months and it states this on the bottom of the document if you go to trafico with one of these you will not get the car transfered this was confirmed by my Gestor two weeks ago. The latest ones being issued do not have a date on.
scubydoo

Postby Pete31 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:32 pm

scubydoo wrote:Traffico do not normaly accept out of date NIE's crazy realy as the new ones once again no longer have a renewal date on, I have however known of someone buying a brand new car with an out of date 3 month NIE so I guess it may be who you know! best get the new one sorted then no more problems.

Ho Scooby I did from hyundia Pete.
Pete31

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entra Naranjos

Postby scubydoo » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:49 pm

Yes and I also know people as I said but my Gestor said they could not do it and so did Amanda who does the transfers I think the garages fiddle it but I would not suggest trying yourself of it could be a lot of wasted time if you ar buying from a garage ask the question is the answer.
scubydoo

Postby lastminute » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:51 pm

I think it dosnt matter if you need or dont need a NIE. If you have to do something with Trafico everthing is already NOT easy to handel. I waited about 6 weeks to get the spanish plate on my car. One of the problems was my old NIE, they had all the Documents ITV was done and it was the third time they say ready tommorow and the the NIE was to old and after renewal I waited next 2 weeks. So I would not try it without.
lastminute

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Next