Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Internet

Internet

Postby Bluemoon » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Does anyone Know which is the highest meg we have 3mb but we have TV on this no is not enough mb we are with ole
:?:
Bluemoon

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo bravo

Re: Internet

Postby Jan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:29 pm

Bluemoon wrote:Does anyone Know which is the highest meg we have 3mb but we have TV on this no is not enough mb we are with ole
:?:

There are some topics on here that may give you some answers to your question: http://www.talkquesada.com/broadband-wifi-phone-and-tv-f88/

Hope this helps.

Jan.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Alisunshines » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:09 pm

We have 10mb from Telefonica and get regularly about 8mb which has been very good and reliable. It isn't the cheapest but after researching a lot of companies it seems to be the best available in the area.
Alisunshines

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby marcliff » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:43 pm

3Mb should be enough to get a TV signal from the providers as anything of 2Mb and above is acceptable for these signals. Unfortunately, the ones that connect you via a small dish very rarely manage to maintain that 3Mb. My 3Mb connection often drops down to as little as 0.5Mb and very, very rarely gets above 1Mb. Some of the companies say they can provide 6Mb but my neighbour has one and, when I did a speed test, he just managed 1Mb at a quiet time of day.
The only way to get a reliable and faster (well, 8 to 10Mb at least) is to get a landline installed and that will be dependent on how far away you are from the substation. Fibre optic is much better and can give speeds here of around 30Mb but I don't think any of the broadband suppliers do fibre optic in this area.
Ole, Ono, dvblab, Nortons and several others all do the small dish connection but do go a bit slow sometimes hence the buffering on the TV signal. We binned the TV altogether because of this and had a dish fitted instead. Even so, the internet and telephone often drop out which can be a pain. I think the only way to go is to have a telefonica landline fitted.
Do a speed test on your computer with Ookla and see what speed you are actually getting. Do the test a few times at different times of the day to see if the 3Mb is actually being obtained.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby panchotaff » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:06 pm

Hi

We use Telecable Santa Pola
http://www.tvcablesantapola.es/eng/vegabaja/

We get a very good service for TV and Internet. We have the 6mb for the Internet and have no major problems. We only live part time in Spain so being able to reduce the cost when we are not in Spain helps. Other firms also offer this facility
panchotaff

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby Bluemoon » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:59 pm

Has anyone had problems with air box tv I have 3 mg they say you only need 2mg keeps going off
Bluemoon

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo bravo

Postby dr.doolittle » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:52 am

Bluemoon wrote:Has anyone had problems with air box tv I have 3 mg they say you only need 2mg keeps going off
we have the brit box same sort of thing, only a lot cheaper, we run ours on 6 meg with telecable, no problems,, although when we only had 3 meg there was a bit of buffering.
dr.doolittle