Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

David's Coachtrips sl

David's Coachtrips sl

Postby Ron Hill » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:03 pm

Went to Madrid 3 day trip last week with this company trip was poor value for almost €300 for 2. Only 17 on trip so seems a less comfortable smaller coach was I presume hired in from Costa Azul for the trip. 2 stops of 45 mins on way up was ok even with an additional 7 mins added to satisfy drivers tachograph requirements. We were advised by tour guide (Janine?) that the hotel restaurant was expensive to use. Turned out the 3 star hotel had no restaurant nor bar!!

The map and highlighted places to visit were handy though as we never saw the tour guide again till we left.

On departure day we left at 2pm and after leaving were told there would only be 1 stop of 30 mins on the 6 hour return trip which provided no time for people to have hot food. When asked the guide said they "assumed" people would have lunch prior to departure from the hotel ( with no. Restaurant) She should have advised people to have lunch before departure if there was only to be 1 stop, don't assume.

Also on the return journey the driver in my view drove erratically and at speed all the way and with the one stop,he clearly was not concerned with his tachograph then.
All in all the worst trip I've had in Spain and I won't be using this company again

End of rant
Ron Hill

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Re: David's Coachtrips sl

Postby dr.doolittle » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:20 pm

Thanks for that Ron, will give that company a miss.
dr.doolittle

Postby tinak » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:52 am

Sorry you had a bad experience, have you contacted them to complain, and if so what was there response? Am thinking of booking one of their trips and am wondering if anyone else has any comments good or bad please. :text-thankyouyellow:
tinak

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby Jan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:16 am

tinak wrote:Sorry you had a bad experience, have you contacted them to complain, and if so what was there response? Am thinking of booking one of their trips and am wondering if anyone else has any comments good or bad please. :text-thankyouyellow:

Have been on various trips with both Rosa Tours and David's Coaches and have not had any complaints with either. Both are good value for money and when choosing trips the only reason we go with one and not the other at times is the choices of dates. Both do similar trips and from the trips we have had they both are very good.
I agree though that complaints should be taken up with the company concerned as one persons view of a trip may not be the same as others. However if this was a one off problem with this trip then others may have also complained and then the company needs to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Jan
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Ron Hill » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:15 am

Yes I did complain to the company directly by e mail and via their Facebook page but no response.
I'd also heard good reports on the company as noted here but I have no satisfaction with this trip
Worst €298.00 I ever spent
Last edited by Ron Hill on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Hill

Postby Ron Hill » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:23 am

Following my post a few minutes ago on this topic I thought I'd better check the company Facebook page in case they'd commented there. However, my post has been removed. Nuff said!!
Ron Hill

Postby Dot » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:06 pm

What a shame, we have used them a few times for day trips and 1 3day to Granada and it was great, lovely hotel, girl on the coach very good knowledge of areas all the way there and back we went with friends and really enjoyed it.
Dot

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo marabu

Postby Anniep » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:00 pm

Complain in person, ask for a complaints form they have to give you one. as you say too easy to delete an internet review/complaint.
Anniep

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu

Postby marcliff » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:46 pm

We've used Dave's coaches quite a few times and always found them very good for both day trips and longer stays. However, that's the second complaint I've heard about the Madrid trip which is a shame.
The Valencia trip is excellent value and the city tour plus initial advice from the guide is worth it plus the hotel is in an excellent location.
Maybe avoid the Madrid trip, though.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby essbea » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:42 pm

The only trip we've been on with David's Coaches was to Cuenca. I can only say that we personally had the best time! It was packed full of activities, and enough "comfort breaks" on the journey up and back. Would highly recommend this trip, but can't comment on any other. Fab value, 2 nights full board +w/w 145 ish euros.
essbea

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Next