Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Question to Jan...

Question to Jan...

Postby Fabiola » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:50 pm

Dear Jan, I was wondering if you agree that as a non UK person, I can also put a little message in my mother tongue. I am Belgian/Flemish and would like to send a small message to people in and around Quesada to know if there are other Flemish people in our neighbourhood. We have our house nearto the Marquesa Golf. As I am pretty new, I prefere to check your web site rules. Thank you!
Fabiola

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Question to Jan...

Postby Jan » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:58 pm

Fabiola wrote:Dear Jan, I was wondering if you agree that as a non UK person, I can also put a little message in my mother tongue. I am Belgian/Flemish and would like to send a small message to people in and around Quesada to know if there are other Flemish people in our neighbourhood. We have our house nearto the Marquesa Golf. As I am pretty new, I prefere to check your web site rules. Thank you!

Yes it's fine if you can include an English translation so that our members aren't confused. Maybe put the English one first and make the topic title in English if that's OK.

:text-thankyouyellow:
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby GLASSMAN » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:15 pm

AH! BELGIUM/FLEMISH,please can I ask you what is a WALOON do they speak WALOONIAN forgive my ignorance but I,m always willing to learn and what part of Belgium do they come from?...............thankyou.
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Jan » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:29 pm

GLASSMAN wrote:AH! BELGIUM/FLEMISH,please can I ask you what is a WALOON do they speak WALOONIAN forgive my ignorance but I,m always willing to learn and what part of Belgium do they come from?...............thankyou.

I know this answer as my husband used to work in Belgium - apparently depending on what part of Belgium you come from, your native tongue is either Flemish or Walloon. Walloon are French speaking and Flemish is the Dutch language spoken in Flanders.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Petal » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:57 am

I lived in Belgium for twenty years but only speak Frecnh if thats any help, could you post in French ?
Petal

Which part of Spain are you from?: Gran Alacant

Postby Motareke » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:23 pm

Hey, i'm from Antwerp, flemish side of Belgium. We have 3 languish parts in Belgium, Flemish which is Dutch speaking, Walloon which is French speaking and also a (small) German part. There they speak German and mostly also French. French side speaks mostly only French and the Flemish part speak usually more languishes. Thats official and true but unofficial we have more languishes as also arabic etc.... We have the reputation of having lots of difficulties between the different languiche parts but this is, with exception of a few radicals, not true. All those existing problems are created by politics, most humans don't have problems with each other and get along fine. Again with exeption of some stupid .... which sadly exist on all sides, but i think they exist everywhere. Politicly is our country a disaster of which i am ashamed of. We have 6 ( yes SIX ) governments, a Flemish one, a Walloon one, a German one, a Brussels main capital one, a overhaul Belgium one, all with their parliaments and a lot more... and also a one for Europe, ALL FILLING THEIR POCKETS, so how is it possible our country has debt???
Conclusion: HAPPY TO BE IN SPAIN, have a great day and ENJOY!
Motareke

Which part of Spain are you from?: QUESADA

Postby Fabiola » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:51 pm

Hello everybody!

Sorry that I kept you all waiting, but I was very busy at work :) First of all, thank you Jan for your quick reply. Also thanks to the people who replied and commented. Your mails made me laugh, they are so kind and funny at the same time. Indeed, Belgium is a small country and to explain to people abroad how things are working, it is complicated :) We have 3 official languages, Flemish (in Flanders)-French (in Wallonia) and German (in the East of Belgium). And yes, we are the champions in having governments! We can't count them anymore, few people understand the structure of our country. Sometimes it leads to crazy situations :) Maybe later, I'll tell you all more about it. The reason why I asked Jan if I can write something in Flemish is because I am looking for Flemish people, living in an around Quesada, just to know if they can give us some information about internet and television systems that can be transferred from Belgium to Spain. We bought our little house in Quesada in October 2016 and in January 2017 we came by car and trailer to install some furniture and other material in our house. In March, April and May we will come back by airplane. We would like to make an appointment with an Internet provider but were told by Belgian people, also having a house in Spain, however in other regions, that there are several possibilities to get a good internet connection and good television quality. The problem is that we already heard a lot of different versions which are sometimes very opposite. So that is why I prefer to ask Flemish people in or around Quesada about their experiences. So now in Flemish :) Hallo lieve mensen, blij dat er een paar van jullie gereageerd hebben, waarvoor dank. Ons werd verteld dat wij een schotel bij TV-Vlaanderen kunnen nemen. Anderen zeggen ons dat het beter is om met bijvoorbeeld Telenet in België een bestaand internetabonnement in België uit te breiden, waardoor men in Spanje dezelfde programma's kan zien als in Vlaanderen. Op de duur weten we niet meer wie te geloven, vandaar dat jullie ervaringen meer dan welkom zijn. Alvast dank voor wat goede raad! Et maintenant en Français :) Bonjour tout le monde, ce longue message pour vous demander simplement une petite chose. Quelles sont vos expériences avec l'internet et télévision à Quesada et environs? On cherche à trouver un système par lequel on peut recevoir les programmes belges à Quesada. Certaines personnes nous disent qu'il faut acheter une 'parabole'; d'autres nous conseillent à s'adresser à notre internet provider en Flandres pour installer un décodeur supplémentaire à la maison en Belgique qui nous permet de voir nos programmes belges aussi en Espagne. Si quelqu'un a du bon conseil dans cette matière pour nous, je vous serais très reconnaissant. Merci!

Thanks to all of you! Glad that we can come back to Quesada very soon because here in Brussels (where I am still at work at this hour, it's cold. :) Buenas noches!
Fabiola

Postby Motareke » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:12 pm

If you want you can send me a PM or mail and we can meet when you come here.
I have a house in Quesada and can shear our experience if wanted about internet and television.
Don't bring a kit TV Vlaanderen from belgium because thats with a dish from 60 cm. You need a 80cm dish here.
Take care and have a great day!
Motareke

Which part of Spain are you from?: QUESADA

Postby Fabiola » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:03 am

Hello Motareke,
Very nice of you that you offer us your help. Unfortunately, I don't know how to send you a PM or an email. Can you tell me how I can reach you without making your personal data public? FYI: we will be in Quesada on March 9 until 13. Than a week in April and in May.

Alvast dank! Highly appreciated that you are ready to help us. Greetings from a sunny Belgium :) (only today)
Fabiola

Postby Fabiola » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:27 pm

Hello again Motareke, I just checked again how to send you a PM. I found! Still learning to work with Talk Quesada :) PM follows.
Fabiola