Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

New HELP Bereavement Support Group - La Marina

New HELP Bereavement Support Group - La Marina

Postby Brindlegirl » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:00 pm

Below is an advert that we will be placing in local press in the near future. We are very keen to spread the word about this new group as we have been told there are many people in the area who would benefit from this support. Would you please be so kind as to share this with friends. Thank you!
For more information on HELP Vega Baja - visit www.helpvegabaja.com or our Facebook page. Alternatively, contact our San Miguel Centre on 966 723 733
New Bereavement Support Group, in La Marina.
A new bereavement support group opens its doors soon in La Marina. Nicki Kilbey-Foster who will be running the group on a voluntary basis said "When I moved to La Marina I became aware that many people who live on the Urbanization were exPats who are, let's say 'over 21'. I recognised that they had lost husbands, wives, partners, relatives and close friends, they then had to go through their bereavement, often alone and maybe without the support of family or friends nearby. As a qualified and experienced Counsellor, I noticed the loneliness and sense of isolation, so I researched what was available in terms of support locally. Soon afterwards, I heard of HELP Vega Baja. I met with Michele Masson, president of HELP Vega Baja and we discussed my observations and my idea of setting up a bereavement support group in the area in conjunction with this charity. Michele took this suggestion back to the HELP Vega Baja committee and I looked for a suitable venue to run a support group.
We are now pleased to say that the Final Whistle in Consum Square, in Urb La Marina have kindly offered the use of their conservatory, for a fortnightly support meetings with the first bereavement support group on Tuesday 14 February at 10.30 am. Dean and Laura of Final Whistle have extended their compassion for the group by offering a special deal on breakfast or lunch for those attending the group. Any adult who has experienced bereavement (however recently or long ago)and would like some support, through sharing experiences and creative expression is welcome to attend. This group is free to attend. In addition I am happy to offer half price one to one counselling, via my business Serenity Therapies, to all members of HELP Vega Baja.
For further information please contact Nicki on [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]
Brindlegirl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: New HELP Bereavement Support Group - La Marina

Postby GLASSMAN » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:10 pm

that's very thoughtful and kind of all concerned wish you every success ,and it goes to show there are still kind people out there who think of others! that's what this world needs,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/