Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Sabadell (Lloyds/Halifax)

Re: Sabadell (Lloyds/Halifax)

Postby Jan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:29 pm

Hazel Meyhar wrote:You can go to another bank here and they will do all the transactions for you. The only thing you must do is tell them about your standing orders.

That's good if we are in Spain but what if we are not coming over there for a few months? Any idea if it can be done from the UK?

:text-thankyouyellow:
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby keithkwll » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:30 am

Visited Barclays in Quesada who stated no bank charges for the first 6 months then 25 € per quarter but you get a 3% returned on your utility bills paid by direct debit.
Then visited Lloyds bank in Guardamar where I was informed that the document that had been sent out to Customers was misleading and that the 12.50€ charge was only on accounts with less than 150€ in the account.
contacted Halifax in uk regarding transfer charges from UK to spain, was informed that charges now apply if done on the internet the cost is £9.50 per transfer
keithkwll

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Jan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:10 pm

keithkwll wrote:Visited Barclays in Quesada who stated no bank charges for the first 6 months then 25 € per quarter but you get a 3% returned on your utility bills paid by direct debit.
Then visited Lloyds bank in Guardamar where I was informed that the document that had been sent out to Customers was misleading and that the 12.50€ charge was only on accounts with less than 150€ in the account.
contacted Halifax in uk regarding transfer charges from UK to spain, was informed that charges now apply if done on the internet the cost is £9.50 per transfer

:text-goodpost:
Thank you - Very helpful information - We only tend to do three money transfers into the account from the UK in a year and always have more than 150 in the account as we have direct debits. Will have to have a think and work out the options. Possibly by using a money transfer company, if necessary, as recommended on here and stay with Sabadell. :idea:

Does anyone know what the charges are for using cash machines with Sabadell?

Jan.
Jan
Site Admin

Postby Theboundary » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:53 pm

Jan I have been with Cam and now Banco Sabadell for 10 years. So far this year the only charges I have incurred are 12.50 in March and 12.50 in June. Would have thought this charge should have come out in September as well but no record of it. There has been no charges for using the cash machines. I use the branch close to La Laguna Hotel. To be honest the service is poor as the staff numbers have been reduced since been taken over by Sabadell. I have been meaning to look at alternative banks for some time but never seem to get round to it or perhaps I can't be bothered with the hassle!
Can I just thank you for providing such a wonderful website and take this opportunity to wish everyone a very Merry Xmas and a healthy 2014.
Theboundary

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby Jan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:02 pm

Theboundary wrote:Jan I have been with Cam and now Banco Sabadell for 10 years. So far this year the only charges I have incurred are 12.50 in March and 12.50 in June. Would have thought this charge should have come out in September as well but no record of it. There has been no charges for using the cash machines. I use the branch close to La Laguna Hotel. To be honest the service is poor as the staff numbers have been reduced since been taken over by Sabadell. I have been meaning to look at alternative banks for some time but never seem to get round to it or perhaps I can't be bothered with the hassle!
Can I just thank you for providing such a wonderful website and take this opportunity to wish everyone a very Merry Xmas and a healthy 2014.

:text-thankyouyellow: :text-thankyouyellow:

Thanks for the info - It's good to know that at least there are no charges for the cash machine transactions and yes, like you, it is the hassle that may stop us switching in the end.

:text-merryxmas:

Jan.
Jan
Site Admin

Postby solent_lady » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:16 pm

I have returned to the UK now and received my letter here but there is no address on the letter to respond to. I use the Guardamar branch well I started there with the Halifax and have been transferred to Lloyds. I want to close my account but have no way of contacting them. can anyone help ?
solent_lady

Postby Jan » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:39 pm

solent_lady wrote:I have returned to the UK now and received my letter here but there is no address on the letter to respond to. I use the Guardamar branch well I started there with the Halifax and have been transferred to Lloyds. I want to close my account but have no way of contacting them. can anyone help ?

You may already have this, but here's the contact details for Halifax/Lloyds/Sabadell group in Spain : http://www.lloydsbankinternational.es/en/contact-us/

You could contact them by email to ask what you need to know.

When we needed to cancel our Spanish house insurance with them we used the contact email and they told us what we needed to do, so it may help to contact them.

It isn't easy when we are in the UK. For our insurance cancellation they needed a signed letter sent in the post but we were able to do it.

Out of interest, are you changing to another bank in Spain - If so, can you tell us how you get on and which bank you have chosen, as we need to make a decision on this too?

Jan.
Jan
Site Admin

Postby keithkwll » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:03 pm

Was in Lloyds Guardamar branch today asked about future of the branch and was told it hasn't yet been decided whether it will stay open or not. Shame if they close it I find the staff very helpful
keithkwll

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby solent_lady » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:21 pm

Does anyone have a telephone number for Halifax/Lloyds in Guardamar please ?
solent_lady

Postby Jan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:40 pm

solent_lady wrote:Does anyone have a telephone number for Halifax/Lloyds in Guardamar please ?

They don't appear to have local branch telephone numbers available but the main Lloyds bank in Spain phone number is here (below) if you don't already have it - They should be able to help you :

By phone
You can call us direct on 902 024 365 or +34 91 484 81 81 from outside Spain

Winter timetable (from 16 September to 14 June)
Monday to Thursday from 08:00h to 18:00h
Friday from 08:00h to 15:00h

Summer timetable (from 15 June to 15 September)
Monday to Friday from 08:30h to 15:00h
Jan
Site Admin

PreviousNext