Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Sabadell (Lloyds/Halifax)

Re: Sabadell (Lloyds/Halifax)

Postby Chris21 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:56 pm

Wondered if anyone had changed banks yet or if anyone is with a bank that does not have these excessive charges
Like some others I would like to change but not sure who to go with or how
Chris21

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Jan » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:03 am

Chris21 wrote:Wondered if anyone had changed banks yet or if anyone is with a bank that does not have these excessive charges

Hi Chris,

We are not sure what to do yet but the main difference in the charges from Halifax/lloyds to Sabadell, that we can see at the moment, is that we will be charged for money transfers by our UK bank (Halifax) to Sabadell. We were lucky before as the transfer was between reciprocal banks and I don't think there is any way to get around that now, except to use a separate money transfer company.

I can't see that they charge for cash machine transactions either from the paperwork they sent us and the bank account itself doesn't 'appear' to have any charges as long as there is a certain amount in the account each month.

Is there anything we have missed Chris, as you say there are 'excessive charges?. What are the charges you are referring to, as I would be very interested to know?

Also does anyone know if Sabadell will transfer all our direct debits automatically, because if they don't that will be very difficult to sort out from the UK?

Thanks for any help.

Jan.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Jan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:36 pm

Jan wrote:
Chris21 wrote:Wondered if anyone had changed banks yet or if anyone is with a bank that does not have these excessive charges

Hi Chris,

We are not sure what to do yet but the main difference in the charges from Halifax/lloyds to Sabadell, that we can see at the moment, is that we will be charged for money transfers by our UK bank (Halifax) to Sabadell. We were lucky before as the transfer was between reciprocal banks and I don't think there is any way to get around that now, except to use a separate money transfer company.

I can't see that they charge for cash machine transactions either from the paperwork they sent us and the bank account itself doesn't 'appear' to have any charges as long as there is a certain (minimum) amount in the account each month.

Is there anything we have missed Chris, as you say there are 'excessive charges?. What are the charges you are referring to, as I would be very interested to know?

Also does anyone know if Sabadell will transfer all our direct debits automatically, because if they don't that will be very difficult to sort out from the UK?

Thanks for any help.

Jan.

Hi. Just realised that I am still hoping for answers to the above questions.

:text-thankyouyellow:
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Previous