Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Cards & Post

Cards & Post

Postby benji » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:49 pm

Hi everyone, I am getting concerned about the increasing cost in cards & postage to UK. A small ordinary card from the shop in Benimar where I usually get them had increased from €1.50 to €2.25. With regard to postage I normally send from Benimar card shop as I found it quicker. I had 2 cards to send, 1 was smaller & not so urgent we sent this from the Correos in Quesada at a cost of €1.55!! The other larger one was urgent so we sent this from the card shop in Benimar, cost €1.25. I have used the web sites where you can send free cards but these are not so personal. Can anyone tell me where I can get reasonably priced cards please. Thank you.
benji

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Cards & Post

Postby marcliff » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:57 pm

You can buy things like birthday cards in both English and Spanish from the Chinese shops and are quite cheap. There are also stalls on the markets (Zoco and Lemon Tree) which have cards and work out cheaper than the post rooms.
As for postage, probably because the pound is sinking makes it seem more expensive. €1.25 from the post room seems quite good as it costs £1 from UK to send to Spain. Even the cost within UK has just gone up (again).
€1.25 is now about £1.10 but the same cost was only about 90p a year ago.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby brandyboy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:36 pm

I have found that the Correos deliver mail to the UK in 2-3 days.
On the card front, we have started buying cards when we visit the UK, we buy for the whole year in shops like the Card Factory. Excellent cards and very cheap.
I must say that we send cards to all our family and friends. Yet you can count the cards we receive on virtually one hand. I would knock it all on the head but my missus will have none of it. :evil:
brandyboy

Postby benji » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:12 pm

I'm afraid I spoke too soon with regard to the card shop in Benimar, my husband got the €2.25 card from there, I went in there today & there were loads of cards at €1.50, the most expensive was €2.80. I won't be asking my husband to get cards in future. Their cards have nice pictures & words which is what I like, will definitely be getting all my cards there in the future as I have done in the past.

With regard to postage they charge €1.25 for 1st class post, they should charge €1.40 so again as I have always done in the past I will post from there.
benji

Postby margo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:19 am

Hi there. Don't know if it feasible for you but I have used funky pigeon and moonpig websites to send cards for many types of occasions. Choice is endless and they can be personalised. Last one I sent had recipients name and photo on with my personal message inside. They can be sent direct to recipient so may be cost effective. Worth looking at.
margo

Postby benji » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:43 pm

Many thanks Margo I hadn't thought of that will look into it.
benji