Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Any advice re: possibility of 6/7 yr olds for Spanish School

Any advice re: possibility of 6/7 yr olds for Spanish School

Postby Eltel01 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:03 am

Dear *all,

I just thought I'd ask if anyone has any experience/ guidelines/ advice re bringing english speaking 6/7 year olds to 'School' in Spanish state schools ? how easy ? difficult ? anything to bear in mind etc ?

initially we are thinking of either Torrevieja or Guardamar ?

As I say any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you
Eltel01

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada (will be)

Re: Any advice re: possibility of 6/7 yr olds for Spanish Sc

Postby blanconegro » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:43 am

Our grandson Sam has been attending the Dama de Guardamar school in Guardamar for just over a year and he loves it. He is soaking up the language like a sponge and is doing well in just about all subjects. There is a guidance teacher who helps with any difficulties. Highly recommended.
blanconegro

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby lowers » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:23 pm

Hi,Different topic.We live in Algorfa and we home school our 5 and 6 year old boys.We have just met another English home school family with two boys and we have become friends.If you do decide to come out then please message me if you would like to join in and meet up with us one day.More friends they have the better in our opinion.
Regards and good luck if you do come over.
Dave
lowers

Which part of Spain are you from?: algorfa

Postby hobnob » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:24 am

Hi El Tel...Bringing young English speaking children to another country can be problematic...however we did it some 17 odd years ago and we stuck at it and made a success of it. The key was to get the children involved in local pass times...in our case two boys joined the local football club and made friends with the local Spanish kids...this helped at school as they were known and this helped to integrate them into the local community. The language problem does slow up their learning process so you have to put effort in at home to help them over this hurdle. In the round as youngsters they will pick up the language at a fair rate of knots. It can seem daunting but it can be achieved. good luck.
hobnob

Which part of Spain are you from?: benijofar

Postby Eltel01 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:44 am

Thanks for that.
Eltel01

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada (will be)