Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Notification from Bank

Notification from Bank

Postby El Oso » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:41 pm

We've had a notification (online) from our bank titled "Documento De Justificacion De Actividad Pendiente". From my limited Spanish it looks like they need proof of earnings/work etc. We own a property in Quesada but still live and work in the UK. We've sent it to be translated but just wondered in the meantime if anyone had come across this and if so what documents they would need. I can provide P60/Pay slips, my husband is self employed so maybe a tax return in his case?
El Oso

Re: Notification from Bank

Postby marcliff » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:27 pm

We had a non-resident account for a long time before moving over permanently and none of the 3 banks we used ever asked for a financial statement. However, they all asked for proof of who we were and we had to provide our passports which were scanned into our records. It became law some time ago that you have to prove who you are and the banks suddenly panicked last year when the time scale to do so ran out. Some people had their accounts blocked until they actually went in with their in-date passports for scanning.
Could it simply be they want you to prove your identity?
As an aside, I've never been asked for financial proof of earnings even with our resident account but we have a regular amount paid in each month with "abono de pensiones" as the detail.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Re: Notification from Bank

Postby Shirleyslater » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:16 pm

Hi
We have had our bank account blocked with Bankia because they wanted our national insurance number and proof of earnings. They already had our identity with passport and letter signed by us to say that we are resident in the UK and pay our taxes there.
My husband and I are retired and they accepted the letter from the pension people proving that we were on state pension, but my son is on our mortgage and he had to give either his P60,or a recent invoice.
We are all non-resident and I did object to giving this information over to the Spanish bank because all our dealings are with the UK. The lady in the bank said that all the banks across Spain are asking for this additional information and everyone's account will be frozen until they get it.
All is OK now, but a letter or something to advise us would have been helpful, because when we came over they had not paid our electric, suma or water which was a nuisance.
Shirleyslater

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada